October 19, 2012
Job Title: Registered Representative
Reports to: Product and Services Manager & LPL Program Manager
Department: Investment Services
Pay Grade: Commission Only
The Financial Advisor exists to develop an ongoing financial planning relationship with clients/members focused on accomplishing the client’s/member’s goals.
- Generate leads through various methods. Such as natural market, referrals, local seminars, workplace partnerships, advertising, networking groups and web based marketing venues.
- Respond to leads and follows up in a timely manner to include updating appropriate systems.
- Schedule and hold meetings with both potential and existing clients in order to capture the client’s/member’s goals.
- Develop strategies to achieve required goals.
- Work with clients/members to implement agreed upon strategies including but not limited to the following areas: protection, taxes, investments, cash and liabilities, in order to accomplish the client’s financial goals.
- Propose a strategy/solution to solve for client/member needs or resource gaps.
- Provide ongoing service of client’s/member’s needs.
- Leverage regular meetings (on the phone and in person) to track the client’s/member’s progress vs. goal and when appropriate reallocate resources or investments in order to keep the client/member on track.
- Engage in on-going professional development to increase industry, product, sales and servicing skills and abilities.
- Maintain all appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (FINRA)/other licenses and requirements up to date.
- Must have Series 7 and Series 63 or 66 license or 66 & State Insurance license, Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation desired/preferred.
- Must be able to travel between branches and client meeting locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and the ability to demonstrate proficiency in all job responsibilities.
- High level of confidence, perseverance and a strong desire to achieve and succeed.
- Previous financial sales experience desired.
- Outstanding verbal, written and listening communication skills. Superior customer service skills. Master at building relationships with customers.
- Ability to quickly compile, verify and calculate information to provide solutions and recommendations. Product knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to display and maintain a highly professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated high level of skill in the following areas: organizing, planning and prioritization.
- Background check required.
- Requires ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and work in an office environment.
- Requires ability to operate typewriter, personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires ability to read, write, communicate and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires ability to stand, lift, bend and stretch.
To apply online and for a complete job description, please go kitsapcu.org.
Kitsap Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Posted in Article Post.