Vice President of Small Business Services
October 9, 2012
We have an exciting career opportunity on BECU’s Senior Leadership team. If you are looking to play a strategic leadership role that will help set the future direction of one of the most dynamic and fastest growing credit unions in the United States, then you should read on….
The Vice President of Small Business Services at BECU is responsible for developing and executing the strategy for the small business/ commercial line of business for the Credit Union. He/she will also be responsible for business development, business member engagement, relationship management and loan product delivery to grow the segment and ensure a superior member experience. He/she will provide managerial leadership and coaching to a team of professionals to ensure that department, division and BECU business goals are achieved. As a senior leader within our organization, the Vice President of Small Business Services will actively participate in the Credit Union’s strategic planning process.
Qualified candidates will have 7-10 years’ experience leading Small Business or Commercial operations in a fast-paced, high growth, financial institution that leverages a retail branch delivery structure. He or she will have led high performing teams and demonstrated expertise in developing people, strategic-thinking and operational excellence. We are looking for a dedicated professional who is innovative, energetic and embraces BECU’s collaborative spirit and principle of “people helping people”.
BECU is Washington’s largest credit union and one of the top five financial cooperatives in the country with more than 750,000 members and more than $10 billion in assets. We are a member-owned, not-for-profit financial institution committed to providing affordable and responsible financial services to residents of Washington. Since 1935, we have operated with the promise of returning value to our members in the form of better rates and fewer fees—staying true to the credit union guiding principle of “people helping people.”
The Vice President of Small Business Services (SBS) is responsible for developing and executing the broad strategy for the small business / commercial line of business within BECU. The VP of SBS will have profit-and-loss responsibility for the small business / commercial segment, and will develop annual financial and business plans that are aligned with BECU’s annual goals and three-year strategic objectives. The VP of SBS is directly responsible for business development, business member engagement, relationship management, and loan product delivery, and will coordinate across all departments within BECU to drive credit, product, pricing, marketing and delivery strategies to ensure growth and member engagement objectives are met.
As a senior leader within the organization, the VP of SBS will participate in corporate strategic planning activities, and as member of the Asset and Liability Management (ALM), Corporate Credit Risk Committee, and Branch Access Committee, will contribute to key business decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure personnel/member related issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner.
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language at all levels in the organization including executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills including a demonstrated understanding of product profitability, pricing analysis, and loan loss reserve methodology.
- Effective project management skills.
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making, and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability in business development and cross-selling.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Vision (or corrected) to the normal range.
- Moderate travel by car and/or public conveyance for trips at some out-of-area locations, statewide, or overseas.
- B.A. or B.S. in business or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Seven to ten years’ experience leading a small business or commercial operation, including delivery of products and services through retail branch networks as well as small-to-middle market client and relationship management teams.
- Minimum of five years’ small business or commercial credit experience with previous signing authority for all core credit products, including experience with SBA loans, preferably as a designated underwriter.
- Experience managing various types of small business services including checking accounts, investment products, insurance products, cash management accounts, as well as credit and debit card acquirer knowledge.
- Experience leading a team of professionals (Analysts, Loan Officers and Specialists) within a small business or commercial operation of a financial institution.
Boeing Employees’ Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA
Please Reply to: www.becu.org/careers
Posted in Industry Insight.