Member Services Representative
October 3, 2012
Job Title: Member Services Representative
Reports to: Operations Sales and Service Supervisor
Classification: Full Time or Part Time Hourly, as assigned.
Job Objectives: Member Services Representatives perform a variety of functions to deliver loans, deposit services, and other services to members.
- To assist members in establishing new memberships with the credit union.
- To respond to inquiries and requests regarding debit cards and credit card accounts.
- To process loan applications and forward to a loan officer for review and close loans with members.
- To open, close, respond to inquiries about, and otherwise provide service for share certificate accounts.
- To open, close, respond to inquiries about, and otherwise provide service for individual retirement accounts.
- To input data into the credit union data processing system to effect service to members or to insure vital account records are properly maintained and stored.
- To perform transactions as needed including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, money order sales, traveler’s check sales, and other transactions members may require.
- To perform research in response to member inquiries or management requests.
- To assist members in filing disputes for ACH, share draft, debit card, and credit card transactions.
- To take and process wire transfer requests from members, according to established policies and procedures.
- To post incoming and outgoing wire transfer requests to member and general ledger accounts.
- To assist members with ordering account access devices, including debit cards, credit cards, PINs, and checks.
- To assist members with establishing, unlocking, or other requests for support for the credit union internet banking service.
- To gather data and prepare reports as instructed by management.
- To review daily reports and take necessary action according to established procedures.
- To actively sell/offer appropriate credit union products and services to members.
- To assist with mentoring and training other staff as directed by the VP/Lending or other members of management.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Operations, Sales and Service Supervisor or other members of management.
Education and Skills required:
- High school diploma required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and should possess good reading, writing, and math abilities.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment and be competent in the operation of a computer terminal and software required to perform job duties.
- Must be able to work accurately with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- 12 months work experience in a credit union or other financial institution is required.
- Experience in selling or servicing of financial services is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of laws and regulations governing deposit services is required.
OEFCU offers a competitive salary and incentive program.
If you are interested in applying, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Jen Berg, at email@example.com.