Member Services Representative
August 30, 2012
Job Title: Member Services Representative
Reports to: Sales, Service and Operations Supervisor
Classification: Full Time
Salary Range: Base salary plus commission
Job Objectives: Member Services Representatives perform a variety of functions to deliver loans, deposit services, and other services to members.
- To assist members in establishing new memberships with the credit union.
- To respond to inquiries and requests regarding debit cards and credit card accounts.
- To process loan applications and forward to a loan officer for review and close loans with members.
- To open, close, respond to inquiries about, and otherwise provide service for share certificate accounts.
- To open, close, respond to inquiries about, and otherwise provide service for individual retirement accounts.
- To input data into the credit union data processing system to effect service to members or to insure vital account records are properly maintained and stored.
- To perform transactions as needed including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, money order sales, traveler’s check sales, and other transactions members may require.
- To perform research in response to member inquiries or management requests.
- To assist members in filing disputes for ACH, share draft, debit card, and credit card transactions.
- To take and process wire transfer requests from members, according to established policies and procedures.
- To post incoming and outgoing wire transfer requests to member and general ledger accounts.
- To assist members with ordering account access devices, including debit cards, credit cards, PINs, and checks.
- To assist members with establishing, unlocking, or other requests for support for the credit union internet banking service.
- To gather data and prepare reports as instructed by management.
- To review daily reports and take necessary action according to established procedures.
- To actively sell/offer appropriate credit union products and services to members.
- To assist with mentoring and training other staff as directed by the Sales, Service and Operations Supervisor or other members of management.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Sales, Service and Operations Supervisor or other members of management.
Education and Skills required:
- High school diploma required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and should possess good reading, writing, and math abilities.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment and be competent in the operation of a computer terminal and software required to perform job duties.
- Must be able to work accurately with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- 12 months work experience in a credit union or other financial institution is required.
- Experience in selling or servicing of financial services is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of laws and regulations governing deposit services is required.
Employment at Oregon Employees Federal Credit Union requires standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, bending, kneeling, reaching above and below shoulder level, and continuous use of hands in repetitive tasks such as typing or data entry.
Employees are also required to be able to speak in person and on the telephone, must have adequate hearing ability, and the ability to see clearly.
Employees are required to interact with others, meet established deadlines, and utilize problem solving ability and initiative.
Employees of Oregon Employees Federal Credit Union have access to non-public personal information regarding members, as well as proprietary trade secrets of the credit union. Employees must be able to maintain the confidentiality of such information and are required to use care to avoid inadvertently disclosing non-public information relating to the credit union and its members.
Employees may be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions while employed with Oregon Employees Federal Credit Union. These potential hazardous conditions may include the possibility of the credit union experiencing a robbery or other workplace violence.
Employees may be required to travel as directed by management pursuant to current policies of the credit union.
Interested applicants should reply to Jesse Crenshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.