Home Loan Quality Control / Compliance Officer
August 30, 2012
This critical position is responsible for the overall quality control and compliance for CUHMS. This includes developing and performing quality control reviews to ensure compliance with both regulatory and credit union policies/procedures. This person works closely with the Director of Operations and provides direction in planning, development, and administration to ensure there are proper controls to manage both quality and credit risk in mortgage operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and performs quality control reviews for mortgage operations.
- Reviews policies and procedures for regulatory compliance.
- Stays current on new regulations and compliance pertaining to residential lending.
- Recommends updates to policies/procedures as necessary.
- Provides guidance in establishing standards for efficient/quality performance.
- Reviews new mortgage products/programs to ensure compliance.
- Develops and provides compliance training as necessary.
- Manage and monitor quality control; identify deficiencies, issues, gaps.
- Research and help resolve issues to ensure quality control and compliance.
- Work with both internal and external audit and regulatory exams.
- Review and assess any findings; recommend corrective actions.
- Participates in various committees and management meetings.
- Provides good communication to management, associates, and members as needed.
- Prepares reports and responses as required for management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, communications, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years in residential lending/mortgage operations, with experience in underwriting, and/or quality control.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work long and flexible hours as needed.
- A thorough understanding of the real estate loan function, including secondary market requirements, pricing, and compliance.
- Good organization, management, and reporting skills.
- Good communication and relationship skills.
Verity Credit Union is committed to reasonably accommodating physical aspects of any position. The following are some requirements normally encountered in this job:
- Effectively communicate with diverse personalities and vendors
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Visually recognize, analyze, and verify data
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.
Please submit resume and online application for consideration by visiting our careers page (https://www.veritycu.com/About-Us/Careers/Current-Openings)