Mortgage Loan Production Supervisor
August 22, 2012
The Mortgage Loan Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the daily operations and workflow within the Mortgage Loan Production department. This person is responsible for maintaining the Credit Union’s desired lending policies and guidelines for all Mortgage loan processing. The Mortgage Loan Production Supervisor will have a thorough knowledge of Credit Union policies, procedures, Fannie Mae underwriting guidelines and regulatory compliance issues that relate to the various loan departments. The Mortgage Loan Production Supervisor will make consistent quality loan decisions on loan requests not exceeding the loan limits assigned and/or make appropriate recommendations for exceptions. This person will ensure that staff is knowledgeable of the services they provide and deliver consistent and accurate information to internal/external customers.
- Effective leadership skills with a focus on achieving results by coaching staff and advocating accountability.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to present a professional image when dealing with members, co-workers, management and outside contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure personnel/member related issues
- are handled in a fair, consistent manner.
- Excellent conceptual and organizational skills, with the ability to plan, organize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform in a multi-tasked environment, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of BECU’s Employee Handbook and Management Reference Manual.
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in key operational areas; including budgeting, project management and technical expertise.
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Office, with the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Vision (or corrected) to normal range.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in business or equivalent work or education-related experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ Supervisory or Leadership experience required.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in a loan production environment within BECU or another financial institution. Mortgage Loan production experience preferred.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
BECU reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA
For more information, and to apply for this position, please visit www.becu.org/careers.