Real Estate Loan Processor
August 13, 2012
Are you a driven, enthusiastic leader? Do you love facing challenges and doing your absolute, very best?
If you answered yes to the questions above, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU team! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU our employees truly make us a success. After all, our staff members directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
Please visit https://www.smcu.com/about/employment.html to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
The Real Estate Loan Processor is responsible for processing all SMCU first mortgage loans.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides timely responses to members’ inquiries about credit union home loan products and answers member inquiries pertaining to loans in process.
- Coordinates with HLC’s Loan Officers to ensure that origination disclosures are completed and sent to new loan applicants within regulated timeframe.
- Accurately prepares loans for underwriting, including all documentation needed for a complete package.
- Processes all first mortgage files in a timely manner to ensure each transaction is closed by closing date.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of secondary mortgage underwriting requirements in order to knowledgeably process first mortgage loans.
- May perform closing and post-closing duties for funded loans as directed by HLC admin. • Supports, promotes and recommends products and services, by effectively cross-selling additional SMCU products.
- Contributes to maintaining the department’s Internal Service Survey satisfaction ratings in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards
- Completes Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80%. (Note: This assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).
- Demonstrate effective service interactions using the Service Interaction and Handling Objectives Models.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours meetings and seminars • Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Knowledge of processing conventional and government mortgage loans in accordance with investor guidelines.
- Federal and State regulations pertaining to mortgage loans.
- Working knowledge of all SMCU products and services.
- Education or job knowledge equivalent to high school education.
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Software: Strong working knowledge of the various software applications and systems used in daily operations.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to process first mortgage files on a consistently accurate level.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages).
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Excellent attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- At least one year experience in processing secondary market quality mortgage loans is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.