Business Development Specialist
August 13, 2012
Are you a Leader? Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit https://www.smcu.com/about/employment.html to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the credit union’s business development program, which includes acquiring and proactively maintaining Select Employee Groups to increase credit union membership
Essential Job Functions
- Build and maintain quality relationships with Select Employee Groups, (SEGs).
- Match SEG needs to Credit Union products and services.
- Achieve individual sales goals as assigned
- Create and execute Business Development Sales Plan
- Support, promote and recommend products and services.
- Use the Omega Interaction model during daily sales activities
- Coordinate programs that will promote financial literacy while increasing SMCU visibility.
- Maintain a strong, visible corporate image at neighborhood/community meetings and festivals.
- Develop and implement community involvement activities to increase SMCU’s membership and visibility within charter neighborhoods.
- Maintain records of promotions to include any printed materials, Web site postings and ROI statistics.
- Ensure SEG promotions and communications are compliant with regards to federal credit union regulations and tax reporting.
- Coordinate quarterly newsletter for credit union contacts in other organizations (“Rep Connect”).
- Management and fulfillment for the Rep Rewards program.
- Maintain SEG database.
- Assist with coordination of special marketing projects as they arise.
- Completes Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80%. (Note: This assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment as well as in the field.
- Will be required to attend off-hours and off-site meetings and seminars.
- May require some traveling.
- Heavy phone contact.
- Physical effort may be required to lift boxes of marketing promo/items up to 25 lbs.
- Knowledge of general marketing and sales principles.
- In-depth understanding of credit unions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to meet individual goals.
- Personable and outgoing, with excellent communication and telephone skills.
- Enjoy meeting people in all types of settings.
- Experience giving presentations and speaking in public.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an attention to detail.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently, on multiple projects, in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy with all levels within and outside the organization.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- One or more of the following: experience cross-selling products and services, account management experience, inside or outside sales experience.
- Two or more years of professional experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.