AVP of Real Estate
August 13, 2012
Are you a Leader? Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit https://www.smcu.com/about/employment.html to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
Please visit https://www.smcu.com/about/employment.html to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union.
Your role as the Assistant VP of Real Estate at SMCU is to manage the mortgage lending department of the credit union, insuring that strategic and departmental goals are achieved, processes are consistent and controlled, and service to members is always maintained at the highest standards. The mortgage manager position is responsible for creating and delivering a full slate of high quality and competitive real estate loan products.
Oversees all facets of mortgage lending, including sales, secondary market transactions, compliance, underwriting, processing, closing and servicing. Must ensure that a safe, sound and profitable mortgage loan portfolio is maintained.
Essential Job Functions
35%: Manages and assures qualified and trained staff including hiring, training, reviewing, scheduling and other administrative duties:
- Manages loan officers in the department, providing managerial support and direction, reviewing pipeline reports and ensuring production volume and member satisfaction goals are met every month. Ensures staff supports, promotes and cross-sells the credit union products and services.
- Manages mortgage processors and servicers and Operations Supervisor in the department, providing managerial support and direction, ensuring 100% compliance with RESPA and other applicable laws, and ensuring responsive support to the loan officers and members.
- Uses coaching as the primary tool for improving staff performance.
- Ensures the Cross-training of personnel.
- Responsible for adherence to compliance with state and federal regulations as it pertains to real estate.
- Responsible for staying up-to-date on regulations and implementing process changes to achieve compliance. This includes writing procedures and policies, monitoring and holding staff accountable for compliance.
10%: Secondary Marketing
- Oversees secondary marketing to approved investors to ensure board limits for sale of first mortgages are followed.
- Able to back up Secondary Market position as needed.
- Underwrites loans or provides other hands on support to ensure production is achieved.
10%: Business development:
- Identifies appropriate outside activities to build awareness among realtors and builders, and community leaders. Interfaces directly with the marketing manager to collaborate on the marketing programs for the mortgage department.
10%: Other managerial duties:
- • Managing projects, setting up new vendor agreements, managing mortgage related vendors. • Regulatory reporting and other administrative functions.
- Plays a primary role in the planning and development of real estate lending programs and policies, and implements same.
- Ensures the development of real estate lending operational procedures.
- Completes Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80% (Note: The assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).
- Contributes to maintaining Internal Service Survey satisfaction ratings in accordance with our credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards.
- For the purpose of maintaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours meetings and seminars.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Strong knowledge of underwriting. Strong knowledge of Fannie, Freddie guidelines required; FHA, VA preferred.
- Business, accounting degree, finance, economics or equivalent required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, along with general proficiency with other mainstream productivity software applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy preferred.
- Working knowledge of personal computers.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. .
- Must be able to competently and professionally manage the productivity and performance of others, while effectively handling multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast paced environment, where hard work is the norm, and expectations are always high.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Self-starter with excellent leadership traits, and an innate desire to continually improve the credit union, and to enhance the core lending function.
- Must be a strong team player and proactively find opportunities to help in all areas of the credit union.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion and courtesy to all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Math aptitude sufficient to analyze products and proposals, participate in budget process and monitor department expenses.
- Excellent attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Diverse experience in mortgage lending, including originating, underwriting, secondary market, and managing others, training, hiring and firing, software implementations, and portfolio management.
- Must have at least five years experience in real estate lending (loan production, loan servicing, loan processing, and selling to the secondary market), o Minimum three years in a management/supervisory capacity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Posted in Article Post.