Lending Solutions Assistant Manager
August 8, 2012
The Lending Solutions Assistant Manager is responsible for supervising the daily operations of the consumer lending function and staff. Service to members and departments throughout the credit union is a primary responsibility. The Assistant Manager is responsible for ensuring quality of consumer loan underwriting, loan documentation, and account maintenance on direct/indirect loans. The Assistant Manager supports the Director of Lending Solutions with projects and department reporting. This position exercises independent judgment requiring minimum supervision.
Position reports to the Director of Lending Solutions and supervises 4 Loan Officers. This is an exempt position. A typical schedule is Monday–Friday 9:00 am–5:15 pm.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Makes sound loan decisions based on credit union policies and procedures
- Process and fund loans
- Perform loan maintenance
- Assist with training of Consumer Lending staff and Loan Officer candidates
- Review Loan Officer candidates approved loans
- Monitors the quality of underwriting loan decisions based on credit union policies and procedures
- Sends correspondence to members and follow-up when necessary
- Encourages and develops cooperation between departments and the credit union to ensure a team atmosphere, and prompt, quality service for members
- Approves exceptions to established procedures
- Promote Verity’s services and cross-selling of products
- Implement and maintain operational procedures to maximize efficiency and service
- Maintain knowledge of state and federal regulations governing consumer loan transactions
- Process consumer modifications and extensions
- Assist in the administration of the loan origination system
- Assist in the implementation of future loan/collection products, services and processes
- Assist with vendor management
- Assist with internal audit responses
- Manages tracking and maintenance of Service members log and maintenance of member accounts
- Manages HELOC maturities
- Manages credit reporting disputes
- Conducts one-on-one meetings with staff members
- Responsible for staff evaluations and assessments
- Responsible for compiling monthly reports for the Director of Lending Solutions
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience
- Minimum of five years lending and underwriting experience in a financial institution highly desired
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics programs.
- Experience in training, mentoring, and motivating others
- Post secondary course work in business, communications, and lending or equivalent experience desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data
- Ability to work independently, as a team member and as a team leader
- Ability to multi-task, and juggle priorities on a moment’s notice.
- Present a positive and professional image to staff and members
- Maintain a high level of technological knowledge and skill
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines
- Ability to motivate and direct staff
- Mental ability to effectively handle irate members or staff
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry regulations and standards
- Ability to analyze and resolve employee relations conflicts
Verity Credit Union is committed to reasonably accommodating physical aspects of any position. The following are some that are normally encountered in this job:
- Effectively communicate with diverse personalities and vendors
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Visually recognize, analyze, and verify data
Please submit resume and online application for consideration by visiting our careers page (https://www.veritycu.com/About-Us/Careers/Current-Openings)
Verity Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity.
The employment relationship may be terminated by the Credit Union or the employee at any time, without notice or cause. This agreement is called Employment at Will.
Posted in Around the NW.