Member Service Representative (Teller)
Clackamas Community Federal Credit Union – Portland, OR
Part-time 24.5 hours a week: Oregon City Branch Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 10am to 3pm, Saturdays 8:45am to 1:15pm (McLoughlin branch)
Part-time 26.5 hours a week: West Linn in-store Branch Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 1:15pm to 7:15pm, Saturdays 8:45am to 1:15pm
No full-time positions available at this time
Clackamas Community Federal Credit Union is looking for qualified applicants for the position of Member Service Representative (Teller). Sales and Service is our #1 priority! This position will ensure that members are promptly and professionally served by upholding the sales and service standards of the credit union. Responsible for responding to requests for deposits, withdrawals check cashing, account inquiries and account maintenance. To be successful in this position requires the ability to communicate effectively, work through basic math, and represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner. This position is sales oriented with an opportunity to earn incentives for exceeding sales goals.
Essential Functions and Basic Responsibilities:
- Provides account information to members using clear and concise language.
- Promptly and efficiently responds to requests from members (i.e., deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, transfers, loan payments, line of credit advances, check orders, etc).
- Performs a variety of account maintenance duties (i.e. shares, checking, certificates, IRA’s, etc).
- Balances transactions and verifies cash totals during down times and at the close of each business day.
- Verifies transactions; examines documents for endorsement, negotiability, and potential red flags.
- Obtains all necessary information, paperwork and signatures from members as required by law.
- Treats members equally regardless of age, race, gender, or national origin.
- Displays competency in explaining and referring all promotions, products and services offered by the credit union.
- Listens effectively to uncover clues and offer the best product for the member.
- Actively participates in promotions and referral contests capturing all opportunities to meet refer goals.
- Assists with special projects or various duties within the department as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics Required:
- Good math skills with the ability to balance checks and cash daily.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to communicate professionally.
- Good typing skills.
- Ability to interpret and explain Credit Union policies and transactions posted to members’ accounts.
- Ability to operate related computer equipment, applications, Internet, email, and general office equipment.
- Proficient listening and telephone skills.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Basic understanding of overall credit union operations.
Education and Experience:
- A high school education or GED and up to 6 months of similar or related experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a great benefits package, salary commensurate with experience. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Benefits included with part-time hours include Paid Time Off and 401k Retirement after one (1) year of employment and 18 years of age
Wage offered dependent on experience: $ 11.00 – $ 12.50
Contact: Cindy Putney
Mail: PO Box 2830, Oregon City, OR 97045
E-mail: [email protected]
City: Portland Metro Area