Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper
July 2, 2012
Here is an exciting opportunity to join the newly formed LLC, the Northwest Compliance CUSO (Credit Union Service Organization), jointly owned by four large Washington credit unions, based in the South Sound area of western Washington. As the Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper you will provide confidential, professional, administrative support for the Director of Compliance. This includes a wide range of administrative duties including, but not limited to, interface with other co-workers, board members, executives and employees of the credit union clients, visitors, and vendors. Prepare reports, correspondence, manuals, spreadsheets, and all other communications utilizing a broad range of computer applications. Maintain accounting records, accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoice/billing verification, account reconciliation, and payroll records.
A strong candidate will be a person with outstanding customer service skills. You must be comfortable working with multiple interruptions while meeting deadlines; show discretion and good judgment and have high level administrative and clerical skills. If you see yourself at the center of a fast-paced job this may be the position for you. This position reports to the Director of Compliance. The salary for this non-exempt position is DOQ plus an excellent benefits package.
This position will remain open until filled.
HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Arrange appointments and schedule meetings by maintaining personal executive calendar for Director of Compliance, including reminding Director of scheduled appointments and assembling documents and reports needed for preparation.
- Process daily mail and prepare reports, presentations, and spreadsheets utilizing a range of computer applications, ensuring accuracy of work.
- Assist Director in screening calls and maintaining administrative office including but not limited to filing, ordering office supplies, handling correspondence and adhering to housekeeping and other professional quality standards.
- Serve as primary liaison between management and board members. .
- Assist with planning of Strategic Planning Sessions, Management Meetings, Employee Meetings, Board Meetings, and other such meetings that may be required throughout the year. Take minutes at required meetings.
- Assist in scheduling and/or arranging appointments, meetings, business trips, etc. for Director, board members, and co-workers. Maintain the calendar of events and schedules for the Director and Board.
- Draft and maintain a current copy of Board minutes and reports.
- Prepare and distribute monthly board packages for Board Meetings.
- Assist with updating of the LLC’s documents and policies as required.
- Maintain roster of all board members and primary client contacts. Maintain educational opportunities calendar/listing for board members and employees.
- Assist with updating, creating, and developing letters, forms, charts, reports, and presentation slides as may be required.
- Keep Director advised of complaints, telephone calls, and letters received. Coordinate follow-through on pending issues.
- Perform all duties and maintain all sensitive data with the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism. Consistently display respect for all areas of diversity and levels of knowledge.
- Perform administrative support as necessary for completion of tasks assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong organizational skills; ability to set schedules and adhere to them; excellent time management skills. Be multi-task and detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate communications between the Director, the Board and other staff, vendors or other outside contacts. Excellent listening skills and service attributes.
- Capable of performing research, communication and clerical projects.
- Proficient in computer applications, reporting, and filing systems.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- High School degree or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Some course-work in bookkeeping, with experience in data entry and bookkeeping or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Five (5) years’ administrative experience in a corporate environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and PageMaker is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Some travel may be required in order to fulfill duties and responsibilities.
APPLICATION PROCESS: WSECU is managing the hiring process for this Northwest Compliance CUSO position. Please apply on the WSECU website at www.wsecu.org. If you have any questions please contact Peou Parker or Sheri Ingram in Human Resources at 800-562-0999.
Posted in Article Post.