Digital Media Specialist
June 20, 2012
SMCU is looking for a Digital Media Specialist!
Are you the web-savvy, analytics-crazy digital media guru we’re looking for? Maybe so! How many of these describe you:
- You are a hands-on HTML coder and WordPress junkie.
- You manage multiple Twitter accounts from your phone.
- You have built fancy websites.
- You use acronyms like CPC, CTR, CMS, PHP, SEO, CSS, and TL;DR.
- You can guess an object’s pixel size by eyeballing it.
- You’ve referred to Firebug as your best friend.
- Your favorite color is something like #6ada55.
- You have called an ad “beautiful.”
If any of these sound like you, you might be ready to join SMCU’s creative in-house marketing team. Come work for a strong, growing brand with talented designers and all the latest industry-standard software.
If you are interested in applying, please follow the new recruiting process by going to our intranet and clicking on “Employment Opportunities” or this hyperlink, which will walk you through the applicant system and provide you with the job description.
Role at SMCU
As a Digital Media Specialist you are responsible for the coordination and management of multiple promotions, programs, and coordinated campaigns with a focus on digital assets and online presence. This includes both internal and external communication and managing various third-party vendors. The goal of this position is to increase membership and the usage of credit union services.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate selected marketing promotions from planning through all steps of execution by the deadline specified.
- Design or outsource numerous graphic design projects.
- Maintain a strong corporate image in all online communications to members through appropriate design choices, writing, editing, compliance, working with outside vendors, and project management skills.
- Maintain consistency in SMCU’s online presence and ensure that the multiple touch points are kept up-to-date with current promotional information, alerts, and CU events.
- Work effectively with employees throughout the organization to coordinate complex projects involving the contributions from multiple departments.
- Maintain records of marketing promotions to include any printed materials, website postings and ROI statistics.
- Fulfill payment of all Marketing-related invoices.
- Track and maintain accurate records of marketing department expenses for budgeting purposes.
- Ensure marketing promotions and communications are compliant with regards to federal credit union regulations and tax reporting.
- Complete Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80%. (Note: This assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Work in generally performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours and off-site meetings and seminars and 2-3 weekend or after-hours events per year.
- Expected to be on-call for communications emergencies on rare occasions.
- May require some traveling.
- Physical effort may be required to lift boxes of marketing promo/items up to 25 lbs.
- Moderate phone contact.
- Strong background in general marketing principles.
- In-depth understanding of direct mail, email, and online marketing efforts.
- Familiarity with various social networks.
- Email marketing experience.
- Experience with web analytics, search advertising and SEO.
- Familiarity with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- In-depth understanding of online and HTML email marketing efforts (design, development, delivery and reporting).
- Competency using a variety of industry-standard design applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Final Cut Pro).
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment as well as to work independently, on multiple projects, with changing priorities and conflicting demands.
- Comfortable with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 3 years experience with WordPress and custom WP theme development, able to demonstrate examples.
- 3-5 years experience interacting professionally and personally with various social networks Experience with surveys and marketing research.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posted in Business Solutions.