Northwest Strongly Represented on CUNA National Committees
June 12, 2012
June 12, 2012
Twelve credit union leaders from the Northwest have accepted appointments to important committees serving the Credit Union National Association (CUNA). The committees recommend policy to the national trade association.
“While serving on these committees requires a commitment of time and energy, the benefits from being involved have continually outweighed the investment,” said Susan Streifel, a veteran national committee member who is a member of both the Partnership and Personnel committees and Chair of two others—the Awards Committee and the Finance Committee.
“Committee service creates opportunities to come together to collaborate and influence the direction of strategies for the purpose of creating an environment that is conducive to our business,” Streifel added.
The influence Northwest credit unions could have on national policy could be strong in the coming year with such a large delegation of Oregon and Washington professionals serving on a variety of prestigious committees.
In addition to Streifel, regional representatives and committee assignments include:
- Scott Burgess, president/CEO of Rivermark Community Credit Union in Portland, Ore. Burgess will serve as vice chair of the State Credit Union Subcommittee.
- Shirley Cate, president/CEO of Providence Federal Credit Union in Portland, Ore. — Awards Committee
- Tom Griffith, president/CEO of Pacific NW Federal Credit Union in Portland, Ore. — Examination & Supervision Subcommittee
- Rick Hein, president/CEO of OSU Federal Credit Union in Corvallis, Ore. — Federal Credit Union Subcommittee
- Bonnie Humphrey-Anderson, executive vice president/chief financial officer of OSU Federal Credit Union in Corvallis, Ore. — Community Credit Union Committee
- Troy Stang, president of the Northwest Credit Union Association. Stang will serve as vice chair of the Corporate Governance Committee.
- Stacy Augustine, senior vice president of government affairs for the Northwest Credit Union Association — Federal Credit Union Subcommittee
- Parker Cann, senior vice president/general counsel for BECU in Tukwila, Wash. — Governmental Affairs Committee
- Gregg Kats, vice president of risk management for BECU in Tukwila, Wash. — BITS Task Force
- Debie Keesee, CEO of Spokane Media Federal Credit Union in Spokane, Wash. — Small Credit Union Committee
- Carlyn Roy, CEO of TAPCO Credit Union in Tacoma, Wash. — Housing Finance Reform Task Force
A full description of committee charges can be found online.
Questions or Concerns? Contact Matt Halvorson, Anthem Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org.