Executive Administrative Assistant
June 12, 2012
Are you a Leader? Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusive): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Benefit): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independent): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
Role at SMCU
Performs various administrative and project duties in support of the board, committees, management and staff.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and programs.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings
- Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Partners (“The Board of Directors and Senior Management Team”)
- Assist Partners with preparation of presentation materials
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Arrange travel schedule and reservations for executive management as needed
- Work closely with the Partners to coordinate and launch hard copy or email campaigns to consultants, clients and potential clients
- 5+ years’ experience supporting at the executive level
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Strong knowledge of multiple platforms i.e., Apple, Windows, MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, MS SharePoint,
- Ability or interest in learning new technology
Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management
- Strong minute taking skills
• Support experience in a professional services and financial environment
• Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes
• Experience with Boards of Directors
• Some Event Planning
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.