June 7, 2012
North Coast Credit Union is seeking a Controller to join the team at our office in Bellingham, WA. This management position is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive accounting system and for related support functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares all required/scheduled reports which summarize and forecast the credit union’s business activity and financial position in areas of assets, liabilities, income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of operating and other budgets, including preparation and analysis of subsequent variance reports as required.
- Serves as a member of, and management representative to, the Asset/Liability Management (ALM) Committee. Supports the work of senior management and the ALM Committee through development, preparation and analysis of appropriate reports, and through the proper use of the Profitstar financial modeling system for the purpose of performing rate shock analyses, income simulations, and other financial projections.
- Serves as management liaison to the Supervisory Committee. Supports the work of the Committee through preparation of requested reports and analyses, and through the assistance with designated internal audit tasks.
- Manages investment portfolio. Recommends purchase or sale of securities and investments, ensuring compliance with the Credit Union’s Investments and ALM policies, goals, and objectives, as well as all applicable state and federal rules and regulations.
- Directs accounting staff in the creation and maintenance of required systems and procedures necessary to maintain proper records and adequate accounting systems controls and services. Is responsible for supervising all staff who report directly, including performance appraisal and recommending salary adjustments.
- Manages the corporate insurance portfolio and advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to regulatory change, current economic issues, and related matters that may impact the financial stability and soundness of the credit union.
- Works with external auditors, federal, and state credit union examiners to ensure the credit union is in compliance with prescribed accounting methods set out in regulation, law, FASB rules, and generally accepted accounting principles. Responds appropriately to exceptions and other recommendations.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business with a minimum of four years of experience, preferably in the financial industry. CPA license is desirable.
- Strong supervisory, communication, computer and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Pre-employment drug test and background check required. EOE.
Qualified applicants are invited to mail, fax or email their resume to:
North Coast Credit Union
1100 Dupont Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Fax: Human Resources at 360-685-671-8235
Posted in Article Post.