May 30, 2012
Unitus Community Credit Union has an opportunity for a Collections Specialist. Responsible for the effective collection of delinquent loans and negative accounts. Correspond with members by telephone and in writing to effect repayment, analyze each situation for possible solutions, and handle member interactions in accordance with general Credit Union and specific Collection Department values.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Contact members to set up payment schedules, update records, and determine the reason for account delinquency.
- Analyze and apply advanced collection techniques to secure repayment on loan and negative share accounts.
- Make decisions on methods of collection and recommend effective solutions of complex account situations.
- Find solutions for assigned serious and/or long-term delinquent accounts.
- Mortgage and Equity loan collections, including basic understanding of FNMA workout hierarchy and procedures, and familiarity with short-sale and deed-in-lieu basics.
- Maintain accurate records and notes on past due accounts and document collection efforts.
- Maintain accurate spreadsheets for tracking purposes, and use software applications including E-Oscar, Chex system, CollectAnywhere, Accurint, Callipay, etc.
- Empathize and find solutions while always maintaining the borrower’s dignity.
- Attend scheduled Bankruptcy Creditors meetings and Small Claims court hearings.
- Handle CPI insurance issues, co-ordinate repossessions, and follow-up on charged-off accounts until resolved or referred.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in lending and/or collections, emphasis on consumer and/or real estate loans preferred.
- BA or BS in Business or other related major preferred
- Working knowledge of the State and Federal laws, regulations and procedures as they relate to first mortgages, FNMA mortgages, collections, bankruptcy, repossessions, small claims, and collection agencies.
- Proven ability to effectively cope with stressful situations on a daily basis in a high production structured environment.
Unitus Community Credit Union offers a competitive benefits package and salary. For immediate consideration please apply online at www.unitusccu.com.
Posted in Compliance News.