IT Engineer (Microsoft)
May 16, 2012
Close Date: June 15th, 2012 or as soon as a qualified candidate is found.
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for a IT Engineer (Microsoft) in Eugene. This IT Engineer is responsible for enhancing the capabilities and efficiencies of our application and infrastructure portfolio. Also, they are responsible for our Microsoft infrastructure, including Windows Servers, Windows Desktops/Laptops, Active Directory/LDAP, MS SQL Server, Exchange, and SharePoint.
$70,000 to $115,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
- Recommend and build new capabilities that meet business needs and adhere to Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Research business needs and track vendor roadmaps.
- Produce designs based on business requirements and the inputs of architecture and security.
- Accurately estimate development times necessary to fulfill project task obligations.
- Work closely with the IT Operations and Service Desk teams to support production Windows solutions.
- Ensure successful transition to operations for all new system development.
- Identify and track key development performance metrics.
- Submit appropriately documented change tickets.
- Participate as needed in the Change Advisory Board.
- Ensure all builds pass quality assurance and user acceptance testing.
- Develop standards for application integration and data structures.
- Ensure that solutions maintain compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Manage Engineering-related Service Desk escalations.
- Provide support to operations to resolve incidents or perform root cause analysis of past incidents.
- Ensure all solutions are accompanied with the proper level of documentation (design specification, implementation and rollback plan, unit testing results, etc.).
- Identify knowledge sharing opportunities to reduce single points of failure on team.
- Collaborate closely with customers and team members throughout lifecycle of IT projects.
- Work closely with operations to update and maintain support plans for systems altered by change requests.
- Improve monitoring and add automation enhancements to existing solutions.
- Provide formal training to other IT staff on new technologies introduced to the infrastructure.
- Contribute to the system knowledge base used by the IT Service Desk.
- Engage with key IT and business stakeholders to review metrics, issues, and proposed changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Able to share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form to executive staff, business units, and staff in a clear and concise manner that is the parlance of each group. Able to present to small and large groups effectively.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Organize workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed as scheduled and in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Prioritize work requests coming from multiple sources.
Two to five years of a similar or related experience.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment including strong change, release, and configuration management practices.
- Experience with configuring systems and applications to develop new solutions.
- Experience evaluating vendors and systems against a set of requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies.
- Familiarity with PowerShell, scripting languages, and automation tools.
- Experience building and maintaining disaster recovery sites.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts (bonding, VLAN tagging, subnetting).
- Experience designing high availability and real time monitoring into solutions.
- Knowledge of Citrix and Virtual Machine environments desired.
- Experience with mobile device management and integration with Exchange.
Four-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/it-engineer-microsoft.