Mortgage Loan Processor
May 11, 2012
Unitus Community Credit Union has an opportunity for a full-time Mortgage Loan Processor (MSR 4) in our Mortgage Lending department. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
Provide exceptional member service in response to applicant needs and requests. To successfully and efficiently process residential loan applications by performing functions including, but not limited to, taking loan applications, answering phone and walk-in member inquiries relating to mortgage loan originations, quoting interest rates, completing AUS (Automated Underwriting Systems) submissions, gathering and validating required loan documentation, ordering 3rd party required items, such as appraisal and title commitments, and coordination of same as well as preparation and issuance of closing escrow instructions.
- Processes mortgage loan applications, obtaining and reviewing all necessary information and documents
- Reviews relevant data for compliance with policy/regulatory requirements and loan terms
- Issues approval/denial based on AUS findings
- Sends appropriate paperwork to closing agent and documents files according to established procedures and legal/secondary market requirements
- Issues instructions and closing documents to the settlement attorney/title company to ensure that all loans are closed in accordance with company policy.
- Review loan data for regulatory compliance.
- Responsible to stay current with all directives issued by Fannie Mae and the Mortgage Insurance companies and their relation to the Prime Alliance site funtions.
- Completes rate lock commitments with Fannie Mae.
- Tracks rate locks and monitors the management of the commitment expiration dates
- May review title reports, loan documentation and credit reports for accuracy and completeness
- May disburse or authorize disbursement of funds for settlement of loan transaction
Qualified candidates must have exceptional member service ethic, as well as solid organizational abilities and time management skills with the ability to prioritize. Additionally, candidates must have a strong knowledge of all aspects of Mortgage Lending requirements, underwriting guidelines, and practices. High school diploma is required, as well as a minimum of three years of experience in Mortgage Lending, and at least two years of recent loan processing experience. FHA experience is preferred but not required. Experience in processing government loans and construction loans is preferred.
We are located in downtown southwest Portland, with convenient access to public transportation.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.unitusccu.com.
Posted in Article Post.