Mortgage Loan Officer
May 11, 2012
Wauna Federal Credit Union is accepting applications for a MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER in our Astoria branch. Requirements: 2 years mortgage lending experience, including first and second mortgages and HELOCs. Must possess excellent analytical, communication and sales skills and the ability to recommend services and products to meet consumer needs. We offer a competitive salary, benefits and incentive program and a caring work environment. If you thrive on helping people realize their dreams and enjoy working with the public, please apply online at www.waunafcu.org/about-us/opportunities/. Application deadline is May 18. Pre-employment drug test and background check required. EOE
Position assists members with mortgage loan products and services. Tasks include greeting the members; reviewing and understanding credit reports; processing, approving, closing and funding mortgage loan applications; cross selling loan products and services; performing collection efforts on loans granted; counseling members with regard to their credit; answering account questions; handling complaints; and making changes to accounts as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and advise members with maintaining mortgage loan accounts and related services
- Approve in-house mortgage loans, HELOC loans and secondary market real estate applications within the limits set by management and credit union policy
- Conduct loan interviews, complete mortgage loan documents, processing, complete mortgage closing documents and disburse funds on approved mortgage and HELOC loan applications
- Obtain and evaluate credit reports; provide financial counseling to members, evaluate the member’s financial condition and suggest alternative plans to create a better financial standing for the member
- Maintain loan files, making certain all supporting documents are in place and file is properly filed
- Participate with Branch Manager and lending team in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with real estate agencies, brokers, title companies and other businesses in the community
- Perform audits of loan files prepared and approved by fellow Mortgage Loan Officers
- Perform collection efforts on loans approved directed by management
- Understands compliance issues and attends training as they relate to their position, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, US Patriot Act, RESPA, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work on several tasks simultaneously
- Maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor
- Conduct loan interviews with members, and generate loan documents using the installed software system on the PC, to be evaluated based on assigned monthly goals
- Ability to understand basic math skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Be genuinely interested in people, with abilities to deal with different people and personalities
- Ability to use sound and mature judgment
- Ability to operate basic office machines, including 10-key adding machines, typewriter, PC and use various software; general typing, filing and computer input
- Ability to report to work in other branches as assigned when necessary
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- At least two years mortgage loan experience, including first mortgages, secondary market mortgages and HELOC loans
These conditions are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employment relationship may be terminated by the Credit Union or the employee at any time, without notice or cause. This agreement is called Employment at Will.
This job description may be revoked or revised at any time, at the employer’s sole discretion. A more comprehensive job description is available upon application for employment.
Posted in Article Post.