Mortgage Lending Manager
May 11, 2012
Contribute to the success of the Credit Union by ensuring a staff capable of providing superior service according to Sound Credit Union’s Service Promise. Provide leadership to the Real Estate Lending department and serve as a role model for the Credit Union’s Value Statements. Guide the department in providing quality service to members with respect to sound, constructive credit and related services to members in the loan process. Provide managerial leadership, coaching and motivation, and direct the activities of the Real Estate Lending department. Provide support, input, feedback, and guidance concerning daily operations. Ensure member service systems/procedures in departments operate efficiently and accurately. Maintain department surroundings that reflect the Credit Union’s commitment to provide a friendly, respectful, courteous and professional business environment for all Credit Union members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
POSITION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Provide high priority to member satisfaction; act in accordance with Sound Credit Union’s Service Promise expectations. Ensure the departments’ staff provide prompt, efficient, accurate, and friendly service to members in accordance to the Credit Union’s Service Promise expectations.
- Plan office practices and procedures to ensure member-borrowing requests and requests for loan modifications receive prompt action and are efficiently and accurately processed.
- Ensure quality work of Real Estate loans are FANNIE MAE underwritten.
- Maintain department operations to ensure that a professional image and approach are being consistently exercised.
- Ensure regular audits are occurring for due diligence; all policy and legal requirements have been satisfied, exceptions noted and corrected, and maximum efforts have been taken to ensure full compliance on each and every loan account.
- Ensure daily mortgage rates are established and distributed daily.
- Ensure Credit Union guidelines and procedures are updated and maintained as necessary.
- Ensure Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) reporting is accurate and current.
- Ensure complete servicing of loans including proper collateral protection and lien recordings. Ensure all servicing tasks are completed within guidelines, paid off loan documentation, closing of Home Equity Lines Of Credit (HELOC) lines, balancing general ledgers, flood follow-up, title insurance policies issued properly, and titles perfected.
- Maintain a positive relationship with lenders, title and escrow companies and keep abreast of all loan programs offered.
- Assist in departments’ annual budget preparation.
- Responsible for and coordinate Real Estate Lending department functions; including security, equipment, staffing, training, and internal controls. Maintain security and safety for the departments and to alert staff of any changes.
- Oversee all aspects of member problem resolution. Ensure staff are able to quickly research and solve problems to a reasonable outcome.
- Develop, implement, and maintain standardized operational procedures throughout the departments to maximize efficiency and to provide consistent high-quality service to members.
- Prepare reports as requested by Management.
- Keep apprised of current state/federal regulations, as well as Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Maintain efficient function of the departments that meet and can demonstrate compliance with standards set by all regulatory agencies, as well as Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Ensure efficient and effective department operations by providing back-up support to RE Lending
- Department personnel in performing daily tasks as needed.
STANDARDIZE ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Continuously seek process improvements in all operations with the ultimate goal to improve the quality of member service.
- Communicate and reinforce organizational culture and values.
- Maintain maximum security over valuables on hand. Adhere to established security procedures to ensure Credit Union security is maintained at all times.
- Recognize situations, which because of risks or hazards involved, are beyond his/her limits and directs them to the appropriate person.
- Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor, informing him/her of all pertinent problems, irregularities, new developments, changes and other important information within area of responsibility.
- Set example in maintaining a professional and courteous attitude with all people, including fellow employees, members, management, Board Members and outside vendors. Cooperate with other branch/department personnel to ensure “team effort” and “prompt member service” are consistently practiced.
- Project a positive image of the Credit Union by assuring proper maintenance, cleanliness and security of work area, desk, equipment, etc. Adhere to Credit Union attire standards.
- Maintain confidentiality in performing assignments relative to any information received directly or indirectly.
- Ensure that all information and transactions regarding Credit Union members are kept confidential.
- Maintain current knowledge of Credit Union philosophy, plus all Credit Union products and services.
- Demonstrate compliance with all State and Federal banking regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Comply with Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Contribute to efficient Credit Union operations by performing duties accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Five years’ Mortgage Lending experience; including origination, processing, and underwriting. Minimum of two years’ experience in a lead, supervisor, or management role.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field, or five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
License or certificate:
Must be bondable.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties of this job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Knowledge of Loan Prospector, Desktop Underwriter, and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac products.
- Experience with Loan Operating Systems, preferably Calyx Point system.
- Knowledge of federal and state real estate lending regulations.
- Knowledge of lien recording procedures.
- Strong background in lending principles.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations applicable to industry.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled days in accordance with the needs of the Credit Union and the departments.
- Ability to work effectively and productively with others.
- Ability to deal maturely, professionally and tactfully with difficult members/situations.
- Ability to be flexible and responsive in order to provide the highest quality of service to internal and external members.
- Ability to understand the particulars of monetary transactions.
- Ability to be thorough, accurate, attend to detail.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to attain or have knowledge of financial institution procedures, services and programs.
- Computer experience including calculator, PC, database, spreadsheet and word processing systems and software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent listening, oral, and written skills.
- Must possess and exhibit a high degree of professionalism, maturity, patience, and effective leadership.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Employee must demonstrate the ability to interact tactfully and positively with co-workers, members, management and the public. Ability to respond to common inquires from co-workers, members and the public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions.
- Directly supervises employees in the Real Estate Lending department. Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Credit Union’s established policies. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and employee training; planning, scheduling, assigning tasks and establishing goals, and directing work; appraising performance in a timely manner as scheduled; rewarding, coaching, motivating, and advising employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Conduct monthly staff meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Requires the ability to operate, repetitively at times, a personal computer, mainframe computer terminal and calculator. Also requires ability to operate multi-line telephone, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for up to 4 hours at a time; use hand to find, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Duties are performed in an office environment but may also require traveling to other facilities using employee’s personal transportation.
- The noise level is moderate.
- The physical exertion is moderate.
- There are frequent employee/member contacts and interruptions in person and via the telephone during the day.
Sound Credit Union believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the Credit Union to only the work identified herein. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Sound Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WRITTEN OR IMPLIED CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT.
Posted in Article Post.