Floating Member Service Representative
May 11, 2012
FLOATING MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, Part Time for fast paced, service oriented St Helens and Scappoose branches. Requirements: excellent communication skills, cross-selling, cash handling, 10 key, PC and Windows literacy, and outstanding customer service skills. We offer a competitive salary, career growth opportunities and a fun and caring work environment. If you are an upbeat, energetic individual who enjoys working with the public, please apply online at www.waunafcu.org/about-us/opportunities/. Application deadline is May 18, 2012. Pre-employment drug test and background check required. EOE
FLOATING MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
SUMMARY: This position will assist members with regard to credit union products and services in our Scappoose and St Helens branches. Tasks include, but are not limited to: greeting and assisting the members; receiving and disbursing funds; processing deposits, withdrawals, payments, transfers; answering account questions; handling complaints; cross selling to meet CU goals by identifying, describing and recommending products and services that are best suited to fulfill the needs of the member; providing exceptional service at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (entry level) include, but are not limited to:
- Perform transactions for deposit, loan and Visa accounts and assist members with using electronic services
- Efficiently handle cash and check transactions, including large amounts of cash and balancing daily work
- Understand, promote, cross sell and provide assistance with all products and services
- Handle walk-in, drive-through, mail and telephone transactions with prompt, courteous efficiency
- Field and resolve complaints in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner
- Open certificates of deposit and secondary savings accounts and perform necessary system updates
- Help members with account questions, forms, services, closing accounts
- Perform all other duties which may be assigned by management
- Understands compliance issues and attends training as they relate to their position, including, but not limited, to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work on several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to be organized, efficient and accurate in work and handling of cash and transactions
- Ability to understand basic math skills
- Ability to meet sales and referral goals set by the credit union
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Treat members and employees with utmost courtesy, efficiency, integrity and professionalism
- Ability to operate basic office machines, including PC, 10-key adding machines (by touch), typewriter, fax and copier and learn to use various software
- Ability to report to work in other branches as assigned when necessary
High School diploma or GED equivalent
Entry level requires at least one year experience dealing with cash and/or general public contacts
These conditions are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employment relationship may be terminated by the Credit Union or the employee at any time, without notice or cause. This agreement is called Employment at Will.
This job description may be revoked or revised at any time, at the employer’s sole discretion. A more comprehensive job description is available upon application for employment.
Posted in Article Post.