Director of Regulatory Advocacy – #3346
May 11, 2012
Our association seeks a Daniel Webster/F. Lee Bailey type to proactively liaise with regulators and help shape state and federal regulatory agendas, provide association members with reliable compliance guidance, and make the world a better place for credit unions. The Northwest Credit Union Association is a professional association in the financial industry with multiple mission driven subsidiaries. The NWCUA is more than a trade association, it is an ally and an advocate; a vehicle driving credit unions to unite, build and flourish.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Advocate credit union opinions and positions to state and federal regulators in order to proactively develop reasonable and non-burdensome regulations.
- Serve as a key contact between state and federal credit union regulators and our members; facilitate the development of on-going relations between credit unions and their regulators.
- Coordinate the development of regulations beneficial to credit unions.
- Monitor regulatory development and participate in regulatory rulemaking when prudent.
- Manage the Association’s regulatory grassroots programs, encouraging member response to, and participation in, rulemaking.
The perfect candidate has superb communication skills, the ability to grasp complex subjects and a background in government advocacy and/or compliance. Experience in financial institutions, tremendous initiative and management experience are a plus. While experience will work in your favor, we’re willing to train you on the intricacies of the industry if you’re willing to learn.
Salary ranges from $45,000 – 58,000 depending on experience. We also provide a generous benefits package including fully paid medical and dental insurance, matching for your retirement savings, paid vacation and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job #3346 in the subject line, or by faxing the same to 206.340.4802 by 05/24/2012.
Note: The Northwest Credit Union Association has offices in Federal Way, WA and Beaverton, OR. The position may report out of either office, with a preference for Beaverton, Oregon.
Posted in Article Post.