Mortgage Servicing Specialist
May 4, 2012
Are you a Leader? Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union is currently recruiting for a Mortgage Servicing Specialist to join our Home Loan team. Do you have experience in Investor reporting and accounting, Escrow management, other mortgage loan administration functions? If so, you may be just the person we are looking for to add to our Home Loan team. If you want to be part of a dynamic team and a growing company, one where you are not just a number, but a valued and contributing employee, SMCU just might be the place for you!!
Please visit our website at http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about SMCU and our philosophy. We not only offer competitive pay but a fabulous full benefits package to boot!! Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
YOUR ROLE AT SMCU
Responsible for accurate and timely servicing of SMCU’s real estate loans to ensure high levels of member satisfaction while maintaining compliance with the requirements of the secondary markets, and federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
Essential Job Functions
- Accurately and promptly sets up and audits newly funded first mortgage files on servicing system.
- Accurately processes member payments to real estate loans housed on the servicing system.
- Ensures that homeowner’s insurance premiums are paid accurately and in a timely manner for those loans that have established reserve accounts. Ensures that loans without a reserve account maintain current status on their homeowner’s insurance payments.
- Receives, tracks, and files recorded Deeds of Trust and Final Title Policies, following up on outstanding documentation until received.
- Completes end of cycle reporting, including investor cutoff, month end, quarter end, and year end processing, and distributes reports to appropriate departments.
- Handles incoming calls and serves as resource person for inquiries pertaining to existing real estate loans.
- Ensures that property taxes are paid accurately and in a timely manner for those loans that have established reserve accounts. Ensures that loans without a reserve account maintain current status on their tax payments.
- Performs annual escrow analysis for real estate loans with reserve accounts.
- Ensures proper control and accounting of loan files and file documentation through various audits.
- Processes completed loan modifications.
- Processes payoffs and payoff quotes for all real estate loans, including Platinum Equity accounts.
- Processes reconveyances and satisfactions of mortgage for all real estate loans, including Platinum Equity accounts.
- Processes rate change and balloon notifications and payment updates for Adjustable Rate and Balloon Mortgages, including any variable-to-fixed conversion requests received from members.
- Ensures that correct and complete tax files are sent to the IRS each year.
- Provides support for the HLC by actively cross-training in other job functions.
- Makes recommendations to the HLC Admin group regarding servicing issues.
- Supports, promotes and recommends products and services.
- Contributes to maintaining the department’s Internal Service Survey satisfaction ratings in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards
- Completes Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80%. (Note: This assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).
- For the purpose of maintaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours and/or off-site meetings.
- Physical effort may be required to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
- Federal and State regulations pertaining to real estate loans.
- Education or job knowledge equivalent to high school education plus specialized real estate servicing training or two years of real estate or consumer loan experience.
- Working knowledge of mortgage loans servicing functions.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions.
- Working knowledge of all SMCU products and services.
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Software: Strong working knowledge of the various software applications and systems used in daily operations.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to perform basic math computations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) and intermediate math formulas (payment calculations).
- Ability to perform all servicing functions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Excellent attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Minimum one year experience in consumer and/or mortgage loans in a credit union or other financial institution preferred. Real estate loan loss mitigation experience is also acceptable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.