Assistant Vice President, Director of Branches
May 4, 2012
Are you a Leader? Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
YOUR ROLE AT SMCU
In your role as Assistant Vice President, Director of Branches you will be responsible for the overall sales production, people development, member service, and operational integrity of the SMCU’s branch network.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
LEADERSHIP & STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Lead the Business: energized leader who will be directly supervising up to ten branch managers. Ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision or sense of purpose, while making the vision clear and shareable by everyone.
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and encourage the entire team to perform well, while maintaining a strong capacity of leading through change and adversity with ease.
- Committed to fostering the development of others and providing a supportive environment for professional growth and enhancing performance.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and hold branch leadership accountable for achieving monthly and yearly sales, member service, and operational results.
- Collaborates with other AVPs/VPs and Senior Management on a regular basis. Represents the branch network in strategic planning, operations, and lending meetings as scheduled, sharing knowledge, concerns, and opinions.
- Strong ability to effectively influence the actions and opinions or others, while committed to consistently make the tough call when needed.
SALES & SERVICE
- Using coaching as the primary tool for improving staff performance by holding regular one-on-one meetings and coaching sessions, documenting results using the Platinum Sales & Service Model. Inspects what is expected to ensure that direct reports are doing the same.
- Proactively coaches managers in generating new loan and membership business through sales activities such as outbound calling, networking with local businesses, participation in community events, and performing in-person sales calls.
- Accountable for ensuring that the branch network consistently meets or exceeds monthly loan, membership, referral, and accounts targets as established by SMCU management.
- Leads by example in demonstrating effective consultative sales and service interactions using the Platinum Sales & Service model.
- Responsible for ensuring that branch managers are proactive in making sure that all branch staff completes the required skills and development training in a timely manner.
- Ensures that branch managers actively participate in promotions and marketing efforts to assure growth in loans, members, and accounts to meet strategic plan targets.
- Monitors the branch network budget and assures timely payment of expenses.
- Ensures that the branch leadership team is completing staff evaluations, requests for personnel, and time cards in a timely manner.
- Understands and participates in the budget development process for direct branch expenses.
- Reads, understands, and can explain Credit Union financial statements and other reports.
- Collaborates with the facilities department to ensure the security of branch premises is well-maintained.
- Holds managers accountable for ensuring that all department duties and member services are completed according to job standard, regulations, and procedures.
- Handles member complaints/correspondence in a professional and timely manner.
- Direct exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment. Will be required to attend off-hours and off-site meetings.
- Will be required to work Saturday hours.
- Travel within the branch network as well as additional travel will be required.
- Physical effort may be required to lift supplies such as coin or additional currency order, boxes of copy paper, transaction receipts, computer paper, and checks up to 50lbs.
- 4 year college degree required.
- Strong knowledge of consumer, home equity, and mortgage lending.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations such as Reg. B, Reg. E, Reg. D, Reg. CC, Reg. Z, and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office Suite products.
- Solid knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy preferred.
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong in-person presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to analyze and decide complex issues based on board policies and credit union procedures.
- Ability to organize staff around complex service delivery and administrative tasks.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to inspire and influence others.
- Math aptitude sufficient to understand and explain dividend and interest calculations, participate in budget process and monitor branch network expenses.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must have at least five years experience in credit union operations (e.g., tellering, account servicing, support services, lending), four of which are in a management/supervisory capacity.
- Multi-location branch management experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Posted in Article Post.