Accounts Recovery Specialist
April 25, 2012
Are you a leader? Do you believe in Cooperation?
Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
Your Role at SMCU will be to collect on all types of delinquent loans, including secured, unsecured, VISA etc…
Essential Job Functions
- Proactively contacts members with delinquent and/or at-risk loans to assure repayment.
- Under guidance of the Accounts Recovery Manager, makes acceptable loan repayment arrangements with members with delinquent loans.
- Serves as resource person for inquiries pertaining to delinquent loans.
- Provides appropriate authorization to branch representatives regarding transactions on accounts with delinquent history on their loan payments.
- Collects from members who have been delinquent less than 60 days on their loan payments.
- Supports, promotes, and cross-sells credit union products and services.
- Makes recommendations to the Accounts Recovery Manager regarding charge off and legal action.
- Assists in the handling of bankruptcies, repossessions, and foreclosure as needed.
- May represent the credit union in court.
- Assists in preparation of month-end reports to the Board of Directors.
- Supports, promotes and recommends products and services.
- Uphold SMCU collection policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate effective service interactions using the Service Interaction and Handling Objectives Models.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours and/or off-site meetings.
- Physical effort may be required to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
- Education or job knowledge equivalent to high school education.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations such as the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act and Reg Z, and Bankruptcy laws.
- Credit card collections experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the credit union history and philosophy preferred.
- Software: Microsoft Windows XP and Office.
- Business English, composition, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and letter format.
- Basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and percentages) and some knowledge of accounting principles.
- Minimum 6 months credit and collections experience in a credit union or other financial institution preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Accurate office skills: ten-key, keyboarding, and filing.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent attendance.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posted in CU4Kids.