eServices Technician I
April 24, 2012
Are you a Leader? Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
The eServices Technician I provides miscellaneous back-office support duties while ensuring that effective service to membership in all operations while following the Credit Union policies, procedures and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
- The following are various job functions that might be the Eservices Technicians primary job function or they could be a back-up.
- Processing ACH (If primary job function Accredited ACH Professional Certification is required to be obtained within two years of being given this job function)
- IRA processing (If primary job function IRA Specialist Certification is required to be obtained within two years of being given this job function)
- Wire processing
- ATM Deposits and balancing
- Return Checks
- Scanning documents
- Storage of documents
- Cash orders
- In clearing check processing
- Processing of negative accounts and charge-off’s
- Shared branching balancing
- Verification of Deposit Accounts
- Processing returned mail
- Dormant Account escheatment
- Subpoena processing
- Member corrections
- Member research
- Processing Traveler checks
- Processing Savings bonds
- Provides support for Electronic Services by actively cross-training in other ES job functions.
- Supports, promotes, and cross-sells credit union products and services.
- Completes Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80%. (Note: This assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).
- Demonstrate effective service interactions using the Service Interaction and Handling Objectives Model.
- Consistently follows the Omega Service Interaction model.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours meetings.
- Physical effort may be required to lift boxes of reports up to 25 lbs.
- Education of job knowledge equivalent to high school education.
- Knowledge of the credit union history and philosophy preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations such as Reg. E, Reg. D, Reg. CC, and the Bank Secrecy Act preferred.
- Accurate office skills: ten-key, keyboarding, and filing.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Ability to perform basic math computations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages).
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to adapt positively to the changing needs of the job and/or department.
- Minimum six months experience in a credit union or other financial institution preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posted in Article Post.