Consultative Sales Representative
April 24, 2012
Are you a Leader? Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
If you’re interested in working for an organization that prides itself on offering “green” products to its members, then you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU team! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU we understand that it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves. At SMCU we pride ourselves in our internal growth opportunities. We are currently seeking an experienced Consultative Loan Sales Representative.
Role at SMCU
The Consultative Sales Representative is responsible for consumer loans from application through decision.
Essential Job Functions
- Receives consumer loan applications from various sources.
- Enters loan applications on the loan processing system, obtains additional information from the member as necessary, and forwards for decision, if necessary.
- Makes outbound calls to members to support and promote credit union products and services.
- Communicates decision to member.
- Assigns loan for closing.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of consumer lending policies and procedures in order to knowledgeably respond to member requests.
- Supports, promotes, and cross-sells credit union products and services.
- Supports, promotes and recommends products and services.
- Contributes to maintaining the department’s Internal Service Survey satisfaction ratings in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards
- Completes Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80%. (Note: This assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).
- For the purpose of maintaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours meetings and seminars.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Knowledge of consumer lending.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy preferred.
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office Suite products.
- Education or job knowledge equivalent to high school education.
- Good oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Accurate 10 key skills.
- Accurate keyboarding/typing skills.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Ability to understand computer lending applications.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- At least one year experience in processing consumer loan applications, with level 2 lending authority or equivalent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posted in Article Post.