April 23, 2012
Lacamas Community Credit Union just celebrated our 75th Anniversary as the first credit union established in Southwest Washington! With over 17,000 members, six credit union branches and assets in excess of $190 million, Lacamas is a not-for-profit financial cooperative dedicated to providing innovative solutions for our members.
The Loan Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of real estate, home equity, business and consumer loans for Lacamas. This position reports directly to the Loan Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the processing of mortgage and home equity loans – Processes real estate loans, 1st and 2nd mortgages including purchase and refinance, ensuring accuracy and thoroughness as well as integrity of supporting documentation and file organization. Processes subordination requests and prepares packet for review. Maintains knowledge of applicable industry standards and best practices.
- Responsible for the processing of business loans – Reviews and analyzes business loan financial packets to produce ratios, cash flow and trends for presentation to appropriate personnel for credit decisions. Assists in annual business loan reviews to ensure that they are conducted in a timely manner. Develop and maintain workflows for document preparation, closing, file documentation and collateral management. Ensures timely tracking and completion of business referrals. Performs security searches, order commercial appraisals and environmental reports.
- Responsible for the processing of consumer loans – Assists lending officers in assembling essential components of consumer loan packets. Tracks the loan process to ensure loans are processed on time and meets Lacamas’ guidelines. Participates in periodic loan operations meetings to discuss areas for improvement and resolve internal and external issues. Develop and maintain workflows for all stages of document preparation, closing, file documentation and collateral management. Resolve member’s issues in a timely and accurate manner. General knowledge of compliance and regulations procedures. Create the loan documents.
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent education/experience required
- 2-4 years of processing real estate, consumer or business loans
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced environment with many interruptions.
- Ability to perform minor mathematical calculations related to the financial industry such as annual percentage rate.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Good aptitude in using technology such as database management software, Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Strong oral and written communication in the English language is required.
Lacamas is proud to offer competitive wages with a generous benefits package. We also have a great environment of professional, hardworking employees committed to providing our members options to help them achieve their financial goals.
If you feel that you meet the above qualifications, please respond to this ad by selecting the link below:
For more information, please visit us at www.lacamas.org
Lacamas Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted in Compliance News.