Northwest Credit Union Pros Tapped for Catalyst Council’s Western Region
Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union has named 12 credit union professionals to serve as members of the western regional component of its newly-formed Catalyst Councils, including four from Oregon and Washington.
April 10, 2012
Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union has named 12 credit union professionals to serve as members of the western regional component of its newly-formed Catalyst Councils, including four from Oregon and Washington credit unions: Steven Ellis, president and CEO of SnoCope Federal Credit Union; Ron Neumann, CFO of Oregon Community Credit Union; Bonnie Humphrey-Anderson, EVP/CFO of OSU Federal Credit Union; and Mark Morrison, CEO of MountainCrest Credit Union.
The western regional members are now part of the 36-person Catalyst Council program, which was created to provide additional member perspective into planning and decision-making at Catalyst Corporate.
Members of the Catalyst Councils’ eastern and central regions were named earlier and had their initial meetings in late March. Catalyst Corporate had delayed formation of the western regional team to accommodate credit unions migrating to Catalyst Corporate as a result of the National Credit Union Administration’s (NCUA’s) wind-down of Western Bridge Corporate.
Members of the Catalyst Councils will focus on service delivery, product development and enhancements and will participate in “over-the-horizon planning,” said Catalyst Corporate President and CEO Kathy Garner.
“We were very pleased with the strong interest from our membership in joining a Catalyst Council,” Garner said. “Settling on a slate of participants from a pool of highly qualified candidates proved challenging, but we were guided by our promise to ensure diversity—in asset size, geography and areas of expertise.”
The Western Regional Catalyst Council members are:
- Steven Ellis, President/CEO, SnoCope Federal Credit Union, Washington
- Ron Neumann, CFO, Oregon Community Credit Union, Oregon
- Bonnie Humphrey-Anderson, EVP/CFO, OSU Federal Credit Union, Oregon
- Mark Morrison, CEO, MountainCrest Credit Union, Washington
- Roger Ballard, CEO, NuVision Federal Credit Union, California
- Brian Hall, President/CEO, Foothill Federal Credit Union, California
- Scott Waite, SVP/CFO, Patelco Credit Union, California
- Doug Kileen, President/CEO, Safe 1 Credit Union, California
- Rick Hanan, President/CEO, SMW104 Federal Credit Union, California
- Elizabeth Lipke, CEO, Bourns Employees Federal Credit Union, California
- Patrick Vaughn, President/CEO, Idaho Advantage Credit Union, Idaho
- Valerie Jensen, President/CEO, EW401 Credit Union, Nevada
“From the start, the Catalyst Corporate team has understood the importance of building upon a member-focused culture,” Garner said. “This council process deepens the cooperative relationship between member credit unions and staff as they work side by side to set and achieve organizational objectives.”
The initial meeting of the Catalyst Council’s western region team is being planned for late May. Central and Eastern Catalyst Councils gathered for two-day meetings that included discussions about mobile banking and person-to-person payment initiatives; enterprise risk management concerns and implementing a member satisfaction survey.
Information—including presentation materials produced for the Central and Eastern Council meetings—is available in the “Get Catalyzed” section of www.catalystcorp.org. Questions regarding the Catalyst Councils should be directed to Amy Fuller, vice president of Corporate Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Concerns? Contact Matt Halvorson, Anthem Editor: email@example.com.