Invest in America Enhances GM Program to Provide More Discounts and More Auto Loans
April 2, 2012
April 3, 2012
CU Solutions Group introduced the Invest in America (IIA) Credit Union Member Discount from GM program in December 2008. Since then, more than 506,000 credit union members have purchased a new vehicle through Invest in America, saving more than $376 million and generating thousands of auto loans.
At the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in March in Washington, D.C., Invest in America was recognized by the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF) as its 2012 recipient of the Herb Wegner Memorial Award for “Outstanding Credit Union Program.”
“Rarely has the Awards and Nominating Committee collective scored a program so high,” said NCUF Awards & Recognition Committee Chairman Bob Schumacher last August. “When you look at the numbers that support Invest in America’s efforts, the outcome is so overwhelming, it’s hard to grasp or comprehend all its immensity.”
The program is about to undergo significant changes that will benefit both members and their credit unions. These will be implemented over the next few months before the official program roll-out in June. Just a few of the planned enhancements include:
- Starting in June, only credit union members of credit unions that are signed up to market and support the IIA GM program will be eligible to receive GM’s preferred pricing.
- The GM Credit Union Member Discount is not compatible with any discount finance offers available through GM, making credit union financing (combined with the IIA discount and factory rebates) the most attractive cost-saving option. GM truly wants the credit union to capture the loan.
- As an added bonus to supporting the GM program, all employees of credit unions enrolled at the GM premium level will be eligible for GM employee pricing—a great no-cost benefit for supporting credit union employees (Note: the employee must be the current owner of a non-GM vehicle).
Credit Unions can choose from two levels of participation—premium or standard—based on how much marketing they can commit to, allowing all credit unions to participate and continue to offer this valuable discount and benefit to their members.
“We are very excited about these changes,” said IIA’s Bob Bearden, “and believe they will ultimately provide significant benefits to credit unions supporting IIA.”
The primary goals of IIA are to:
- Enhance the value of credit union membership and credit union employment;
- Help drive auto loans to the credit union;
- Support American industry, its employees and its economy;
- Encourage the use of credit union-issued credit and debit cards through ShopAmerica, IIA’s online discount rewards mall with more than 1,200 retailers, for which using CU issued credit and debit cards will soon be a requirement; and
- Save members money through our Sprint program while providing credit unions with non-interest income in the form of marketing incentive dollars.
To enroll in the Credit Union Member Discount from GM and to take advantage of all it has to offer, please visit the Invest in America Partner Center and click on Credit Union Sign-Up Forms. Additional program information is also available in the GM Program Overview.
Any questions about the revised Invest in America Credit Union Member Discount from GM should be directed to Bob Bearden.
Strategic Link is the NWCUA’s wholly-owned service corporation, providing the Association’s member credit unions with exclusive high-quality, competitively-priced products and discounted services. Questions? Contact Sales & Marketing Associate Craig Reed: 206.340.4789, email@example.com.