March 27, 2012
Unitus Community Credit Union currently has an opening for a temporary closer or processor in our Mortgage Lending department. This position is located at our headquarters at 1300 SW 6th Avenue
Depending on background/experience, duties may include:
Provide exceptional member service in response to applicant needs and requests. To successfully and efficiently process residential loan applications by performing functions including, but not limited to, taking loan applications, answering phone and walk-in member inquiries relating to mortgage loan originations, quoting interest rates, completing AUS (Automated Underwriting Systems) submissions, gathering and validating required loan documentation, ordering 3rd party required items, such as appraisal and title commitments, and coordination of same as well as preparation and issuance of closing escrow instructions.
- Processes mortgage loan applications, obtaining and reviewing all necessary information and documents
- Reviews relevant data for compliance with policy/regulatory requirements and loan terms
- Issues approval/denial based on AUS findings
- Sends appropriate paperwork to closing agent and documents files according to established procedures and legal/secondary market requirements
- Issues instructions and closing documents to the settlement attorney/title company to ensure that all loans are closed in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible to stay current with all directives issued by Fannie Mae and the Mortgage Insurance companies and their relation to the Prime Alliance site funtions.
- Completes rate lock commitments with Fannie Mae.
- Tracks rate locks and monitors the management of the commitment expiration dates
- May review title reports, loan documentation and credit reports for accuracy and completeness
- May disburse or authorize disbursement of funds for settlement of loan transactionClosing mortgage loan applications, obtaining and reviewing all necessary information and documents
- May be responsible for knowing secondary market requirements and reviewing loan data for regulatory compliance.
Qualified candidates must have exceptional member service ethic, as well as solid organizational abilities and time management skills with the ability to prioritize. Additionally, candidates must have a strong knowledge of all aspects of Mortgage Lending requirements, underwriting guidelines, and practices. High school diploma is required, as well as a minimum of three years of experience in Mortgage Lending, and at least two years of recent loan processing or closing experience. FHA experience is preferred but not required.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at our website www.unitusccu.com
Posted in Article Post.