Mortgage Loan Processor
March 27, 2012
Job Title: Mortgage Loan Processor
Clackamas Federal Credit Union is looking for a friendly, analytic and independent worker willing to provide courteous and professional service to our members and vendors by performing a variety of duties related to loan servicing for all mortgage loans. This position is responsible for providing clerical support for all mortgage loan processing activities, obtains and verifies necessary information and prepares documents for underwriting and closing review. To be successful in this position requires good organizational and time management skills, proficient operation of computer programs and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise manner.
Essential Functions and Basic Responsibilities:
- Upholds the service standards of the credit union by providing outstanding internal and external service, ensuring complete satisfaction.
- Provides effective and efficient loan servicing support for all phases of mortgage and real estate loan activities.
- Processes all 1st mortgages, 2nd mortgages, and HELOC loan applications by compiling all documents deemed necessary to support the loan application, ensuring compliance of the loan file according to policy, underwriting guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Orders appraisals, credit reports, and title reports, verifies employment, salary, assets, and liabilities.
- Reviews and prepares loan documents and disburses funds, verifying all required documentation is present.
- Creates loans in Symitar and audits existing mortgage loans within Symitar. Reviews information for completeness and accuracy.
- Discloses loan repayment and interest changes to applicant consistent with credit union policy and governmental regulations.
- Communicates status of loan to buyer, seller, realtor, and title company; notifies parties if additional information is required.
- Processes 30 day pre-approval letters, reconveyances and subordinations.
- Resolves loan application problems and assists applicant with addressing credit report problems, low appraisals, low salary levels, and high debt ratios.
- Processes approvals for workouts and modifications.
- Ensures property taxes and hazard insurance are current for existing mortgage loans.
- Prepares miscellaneous correspondence and records.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of financial statements, credit reports, tax returns and appraisals.
- Knowledge of mortgage laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Credit Union lending programs, underwriting requirements, policies, procedures and standards.
- Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling rules.
- Ability to communicate professionally, with courtesy, diplomacy and tact.
- Proficient listening, telephone and interviewing skills.
- Ability to interpret and explain credit union policy and transactions posted to members’ accounts.
- Full understanding of required documents i.e. title reports, insurance, appraisals, etc.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, data processing system, software programs, Internet, email, and general office equipment.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility and good time management skills.
- Ability to be organized and multi-task.
- Willingness and ability to help others.
Education and Experience:
A high school education or GED and two to five years of similar or related experience.
Medical, Dental and Vision, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability, 401k, and Paid Time Off.
Salary offer dependent upon experience: $ 16.25 to $ 17.50 an hour
Posted in Article Post.