Member Service Representative II
March 26, 2012
Provide professional, friendly, and quality service to SELCO Community Credit Union members.
- Actively engage with people in a friendly manner (i.e. approaching, acknowledging, offering assistance, greeting, smiling, establishing rapport, initiating conversation, addressing by name, and shaking hands when appropriate).
- Deepen member relationships by determining member needs and promoting and cross-selling SELCO companies’ products and services.
- Adhere to policies and procedures related to a variety of functions, including, but not limited to: properly identifying members, opening new accounts, performing account file maintenance, noting accounts, coordinating with other departments to resolve issues and follow-up with member, and other functions as appropriate.
- Assist members in identifying and resolving issues or problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Consistently achieve stated goals.
- Handle all transactions with a high level of accuracy (i.e. deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, check cashing, line of credit advances, traveler’s checks, money orders, gift cards, GL postings, and other inquiries).
- Determine acceptability of negotiable items and member identification.
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer within a predetermined cash limit.
- Adhere to all teller procedures (i.e. member transactions, cash handling, negotiable items and daily work).
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, credit union policies, and other compliance obligations.
- Participate in required meetings and training.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and maintain corporate values and mission statement.
- Represent the Credit Union with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Support Management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
- Actively participate in security, robbery, disaster recovery and fire training.
- Actively contribute to Credit Union and department team goals and functions, including but not limited to, initiating resolution of observed or known issues concerning other departments and championing other departmental changes that will benefit the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Solid word processing and computer database skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Working knowledge of microcomputer operations, including knowledge of online computer system as it applies to departmental usage.
- Possess knowledge of loan product specific requirements.
- Good understanding of computer transactions needed to perform operational tasks with the ability to read histories and interpret account activity.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative, assume responsibility, and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to recognize member financial needs and to effectively cross-sell Credit Union and CUSO products and services.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- . Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- . Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- . Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- . Willingness and ability to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- . Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
- . Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality and accuracy.
- . Ability to concentrate in environment with background noise.
- . Ability to complete or resume tasks despite interruptions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent; and
At least one (1) year of member/customer service, teller services or retail experience; and
Must be bondable.
To learn more about the position and apply, visit www.selco.org. Applications can be returned to a SELCO branch or mailed to:
SELCO Community Credit Union, Attn: HR, PO BOX 7487, Springfield, OR 97475.
Posted in Article Post.