March 26, 2012
Contact: Cindy Putney
Mail: PO Box 2830, Oregon City, OR 97045
City: Portland Metro Area
Job Title: Loan Underwriter
Clackamas Federal Credit Union is looking for a friendly, analytic and independent worker willing to provide courteous and professional service to our members and underwrite all consumer and real estate secured loans. Responsible for the approval or denial of applications for consumer and real estate secured loans, ensuring they meet credit union lending criteria and are within approved lending limits. To be successful in this position requires strong analytical skills for reviewing loan applications and the required supporting documentation, a strong knowledge base of lending laws, rules and regulations, and proficiency in the use of computer programs.
Essential Functions and Basic Responsibilities:
- Upholds the service standards of the credit union by providing outstanding internal and external service, ensuring complete satisfaction.
- Ensures that consumer loans, real estate secured 1st and second mortgages are approved within the terms of the Credit Union’s standards and procedures, regulatory underwriting guidelines, and other secondary market requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing appraisals and collateral values ensuring that determined values are well documented and that they meet all guidelines for the applicable loan type.
- Responsible for accurately evaluating the credit worthiness of potential borrowers to ensure they will be able to meet expected financial obligations.
- Makes recommendations to the proper authority on all loans outside of established policy.
- Declines loans not in compliance with credit union loan policy.
- Recommends and makes counter offers on products and services offered by the credit union.
- Quotes loan payoffs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics Required:
- Knowledge of basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling rules.
- Ability to communicate professionally, with courtesy, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to interpret and explain credit union policy and transactions posted to members’ accounts.
- Knowledge of financial statements, credit reports, tax returns and appraisals.
- Full understanding of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA and conventional underwriting requirements.
- Knowledge of Credit Union lending programs, underwriting requirements, policies, procedures and standards.
- Proficient listening, telephone and interviewing skills.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, data processing system, software programs, Internet, email, and general office equipment.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility and good time management skills.
- Ability to be organized and multi-task.
- Willingness and ability to help others.
Education and Experience Required:
A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study and two to five years of similar or related experience.
Medical, Dental and Vision, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability, 401k, and Paid Time Off.
Salary offer dependent upon experience: $20.00 to $22.00 an hour