Vice President of Total Rewards
March 19, 2012
The Vice President of Total Rewards is responsible for planning and directing key shared service Human Resources specializations to include employee benefits, compensation, recognition, work-life, HRIS and Talent Management systems, payroll, employee relations policy and mitigation, and safety. This person ensures quality operations of human resource processes. The Vice President of Total Rewards will have a thorough knowledge of BECU Credit Union personnel policies and procedures and federal and state laws pertaining to human resources.
- Ability to interact with the Executive Team for planning purposes (both operating and strategic) and serve as a resource on issues related to human resources.
- Ability to direct the research, planning, design, and implementation of new projects and programs.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to human resources.
- Good oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to present a professional image to outside vendors, co-workers, members, and Executive Management.
- High level of interpersonal skills to ensure personnel-related issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner.
- Experience in short-range and long-range planning.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of BECU Employee Handbook and Management Reference Manual.
- Proficient math skills, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Active involvement in professional organizations pertaining to human resources.
- High level of creativity and flexibility in order to develop new value-added programs.
- Ongoing exposure to human resource updates, trends, and legal issues pertaining to the field of human resources by reading related publications, attending seminars and conferences, taking educational courses, and networking with professional peers.
- Additional work hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Vision and hearing (or corrected vision and/or hearing) in the normal range.
- Moderate travel by car and/or public conveyance for trips at some out-of-area locations, statewide, or overseas.
- B.A. or B.S. in Business, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or Social Sciences.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in Compensation, Benefits, Defined Benefit and/or Defined Contribution plans, Work-Life, HR Compliance, and Employee Relations required.
- Minimum 7 years’ human resource management experience.
- Experience in reporting regulatory information to the appropriate agencies/government bodies.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience presenting Total Rewards and reporting metrics at the Board level.
- Certifications in Compensation (CCP), Benefits (CBP, CEEBs), and Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) preferred.
Boeing Employees’ Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA
If you are interested in applying for this position visit www.becu.org/careers.
Posted in Article Post.