Insurance Sales Associate
March 19, 2012
Generate insurance sales and preserve existing clients and policies.
- Generate insurance sales through external contacts and internal referrals and service existing policies.
- Finalize insurance sales by ensuring appropriate documentation is accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Actively engage with people in a respectful and professional manner.
- Communicate with internal, external, and potential members in a friendly, professional manner in person, over the phone, and via e-mail.
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, company policies, and other compliance obligations.
- Consistently achieve stated goals.
- Participate in required meetings and training.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and maintain corporate values and mission statement.
- Represent the Company with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Support Management and member decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
- Actively participate in security, disaster recovery and fire training.
- Actively contribute to Company and department team goals and functions, including but not limited to, initiating resolution of observed or known issues concerning other departments and championing other departmental changes that will benefit the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Sophisticated word processing and computer database skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Working knowledge of computer systems, including knowledge of online computer systems as it applies to departmental usage.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative, assume responsibility, and prioritize tasks; good judgment, time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to recognize client needs and effectively sales company products and services and cross-sell Credit Union products and services.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to concentrate in environment with background noise.
- Ability to complete or resume tasks despite interruptions.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality and accuracy.
- Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Three (3) years of sales experience in insurance products and
- Valid property & casualty and life & health insurance producer licenses from the State of Oregon; and
- Valid Driver’s License; and
- Must be bondable.
To apply: visit www.selco.org. Applications can be returned to any SELCO Branch or mailed to:
SELCO Community Credit Union, Attn: HR, PO BOX 7487, Springfield, OR 97475.