Outbound Call Specialist
February 17, 2012
Position contacts members to offer products and services, and performs a variety of functions to deliver loans (primarily originating), deposit services, and other services and assistance to members. Most member contact is made through outbound telephone calls. Maintains account information on system. This is a non exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide account services to new indirect members by cross-selling loans, debit cards, credit cards, online banking, direct deposit, checking accounts, certificate of deposits, and insurance products.
- Establish contact with new members and with single service members, cross selling a variety of other membership services to increase number of services per household based on defined needs.
- Evaluate credit reports for opportunities to refinance existing loans, recommend, promote and cross sell products and services best suited to fulfill the member’s needs and reach assigned sales goals.
- Process consumer loan applications, conduct phone interviews and closely monitor these applications.
- Exercise initiative to pursue every possible opportunity to obtain additional products and services through member profiling efforts, exploring other industry tactics, research, etc.
- Answer questions regarding general and specific account related information.
- Disclose to members rates and fees for all accounts and loans, based on Rate and Fee Schedules.
- Review various reports available for outbound calling leads.
- Understand compliance issues and attend training related to the position, including, but not limited, to the Bank Secrecy Act, Red Flag, Identity Theft, USA Patriot Act, etc.
Education and Requirements
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, and
- Minimum two years experience in customer service, including direct and indirect selling roles, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years teller, member service, lending, loan processing, or titling experience or an appropriate combination thereof.
- Effective sales skills and experience.
- Ability to understand basic math skills in order to calculate figures and amounts.
- Exercise sound and mature judgment.
- Ability to cross-sell Credit Union services effectively and accurately.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image in writing, in person, over the phone, and via computer or other electronic means.
- Accurate typing/keyboarding skills; basic computer skills, including the use of word processing software applications and e-mail, and ability to operate basic office machines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be bondable.
These conditions are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employment relationship may be terminated by the Credit Union or the employee at any time, without notice or cause. This agreement is called Employment at Will.
This job description may be revoked or revised at any time, at the employer’s sole discretion.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions of the position. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about the position.
Application deadline is Feb 21 and candidates should send resume to:
Wauna Federal Credit Union
Astoria, OR 97103
Posted in Article Post.