February 17, 2012
This position is full-time. Competitive salary and benefits package.
Provide Teller Team support including team leadership, development, training, scheduling and work assignments. Also, provide professional, friendly, and quality service to SELCO Community Credit Union members.
- Assist Branch Manager and/or Teller Supervisor with the design, develop and maintenance of Teller systems and processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Assist Branch Manager and/or Teller Supervisor in providing for effective and efficient department operations and support of the Credit Union’s initiatives and member service objectives.
- Coordinate Teller Team duties, work assignments, schedules, performance objectives and training.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships.
- Actively engage with people in a respectful and professional manner.
- Deepen member relationships by determining member needs and promoting and cross-selling SELCO companies’ products and services.
- Communicate with internal, external, and potential members in a friendly, professional manner in person over the phone, and via e-mail.
- Handle all teller transactions with a high level of accuracy (i.e. deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, check cashing, line of credit advances, traveler’s checks, money orders, gift cards, GL postings, and other inquiries).
- Determine acceptability of negotiable items and member identification.
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer within a predetermined cash limit.
- Adhere to all teller procedures (i.e. member transactions, cash handling, negotiable items and daily work).
- Act as a Team Resource for complex issues, difficult situations, audits, balancing, scheduling and training.
- Consistently achieve stated goals.
- Actively contribute to department and organizational goals.
- Participate in and/or lead special Team/Department projects.
- Actively participate in security, robbery, disaster recovery and fire training.
- Participate in required meetings and training.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and maintain corporate values and mission statement.
- Represent the Credit Union with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, credit union policies, and other compliance obligations.
- Actively contribute to Credit Union and department team goals and functions, including but not limited to, initiating resolution of observed or known issues concerning other departments and championing other departmental changes that will benefit the organization.
- Support Management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good understanding of computer transactions needed to perform operational tasks with the ability to read histories and interpret account activity.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative, assume responsibility, and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in handling cash, balancing cash drawer and recording daily transactions.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to concentrate in environment with background noise.
- Ability to complete or resume tasks despite interruptions.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively cross-sell Credit Union and CUSO products and services.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality and accuracy.
- Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Minimum three (3) years Teller experience; and
- Must be bondable.
To apply, visit our website at: www.selco.org/careers/
Posted in Article Post.