Product Strategy Manager – Payment Products
February 15, 2012
We have an exciting career opportunity on BECU’s Product Management team. If you are looking to play a strategic, high impact role in developing and executing the Payment Products strategy for one of the most dynamic and fastest growing Credit Unions in the United States, then you should read on….
The Payments Product Strategy Manager is responsible for creating and executing BECU’s Payment Products (Checking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Prepaid/ Gift Card, etc.) product strategy, planning, innovation and development. The incumbent identifies and analyzes payment products industry trends, defines competitive positioning and leverages new technology to increase BECU’s Payment Products market share and meet our members’ needs and goals. As a part of our Product Management organization’s leadership team, in addition to providing strategic product direction, the Payments Product Strategy Manager actively participates in the Credit Union’s cross-functional planning, prioritization and product teams.
Qualified candidates will have at least 5 years of Product , Marketing, Retail Sales or Brand experience in the Payment Products area of a Financial Institution as well as experience creating and delivering product management presentations to executive and board level audiences. He or she will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a variety of formal and informal teams across the Credit Union. We are looking for a dedicated professional who is innovative, energetic and embraces the credit union’s collaborative spirit and cooperative principles.
BECU is Washington’s largest credit union and one of the top five financial cooperatives in the country with more than 740,000 members and more than $9.8 billion in assets. We are a member-owned, not-for-profit financial institution committed to providing affordable and responsible financial services to residents of Washington. Since 1935, we have operated with the promise of returning value to our members in the form of better rates and fewer fees—staying true to the credit union guiding principle of “people helping people.”
- Ability to self-motivate and develop a strong knowledge of the company’s products, services, policies, procedures and culture.
- Ability to provide business and competitive analytics.
- Ability to perform portfolio management and pricing.
- Ability to collect pertinent data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions as well as formulate ideas and recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills required to effectively communicate with management, staff, and outside contacts.
- Ability to successfully define and launch products.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to present a professional image when dealing with members, co-workers, management, and outside contacts.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly to changing work priorities.
- Effective cross-functional team leadership, relationship building, influence and negotiation skills.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Vision (or corrected) to normal range.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for periods of up to two hours or more.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Marketing or Business related area or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience Product or Brand management experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience creating Product/Marketing plans required.
- Product management or retail sales experience in a financial institution required.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to executive level audiences.
Interested applicants should visit www.becu.org/careers.
Boeing Employees’ Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA
Posted in Events.