Temporary Real Estate Loan Processor
January 24, 2012
Temporary Opportunity for a Real Estate Loan Processor!
Have you considered taking on a temporary opportunity during your search for a permanent position? It’s a great way to earn some income and won’t interfere with your job search.
Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union is currently seeking an experienced Real Estate Loan Processor for a temporary position that will last at least 60 days, possibly more depending upon need. In this position you will be responsible for processing all SMCU first mortgage loans. As a temporary employee, you will not be eligible for any benefits and your hourly rate of pay will be $24.00 per hour.
If you are interested, please submit your resume online at: https://www.smcu.com/about/employment.html
You will need to have flexible work hours and be willing to work evenings and weekends, when necessary. The applicant needs to be very organized, detailed, and computer literate, with multi-tasking skills. We are looking for a “go getter.” The applicant must be positive, self motivated, and able to see what needs to be done on their own and take care of things that need to be accomplished.
Role at SMCU
- Responsible for processing all SMCU first mortgage loans.
- Responsible for preparing closing document packets for escrow
Essential Job Functions
- Accurately processes loans for underwriting, including all documentation needed for a complete package.
- Accurately prepare closing document packages. • Actively manages pipeline and organizes file set-ups.
- Provides timely responses to members’ inquiries about credit union home loan products and answers member inquiries pertaining to loans in process.
- Reviews data for compliance with policies, regulations, and specific loan terms.
- Coordinates with HLC’s Loan Officers to ensure that origination disclosures are completed and sent to new loan applicants within regulated timeframe.
- Processes all first mortgage files in a timely manner to ensure each transaction is closed by closing date.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of secondary mortgage underwriting requirements in order to knowledgeably process first mortgage loans.
- May perform closing and post-closing duties for funded loans as directed by HLC admin.
- Supports, promotes and recommends products and services, by effectively cross-selling additional SMCU products.
- Contributes to maintaining the department’s Internal Service Survey satisfaction ratings in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards
- Demonstrate effective service interactions using the Service Interaction and Handling Objectives Models.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours meetings and seminars • Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Knowledge of all facets of mortgage lending, including the underwriting and processing requirements for conventional and government mortgage loans in accordance with investor guidelines.
- Federal and State regulations pertaining to mortgage loans.
- Working knowledge of all SMCU products and services.
- Education or job knowledge equivalent to high school education.
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Software: Strong working knowledge of the various software applications and systems used in daily operations.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to process first mortgage files on a consistently accurate level.
- Ability to demonstrate compliance with all regulations particular to the job function.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages).
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization. • Ability to work independently and prioritize workload.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Excellent attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- A minimum of three year’s experience in processing investor quality mortgage loans is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Posted in Article Post.