Vice President, Lending
January 13, 2012
We have an exciting career opportunity on BECU’s Senior Leadership team. If you are looking to play a strategic leadership role that will help set the future direction of one of the most dynamic and fastest growing Credit Unions in the United States, then you should read on….
The Vice President of Lending at BECU is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the underwriting, production and risk management activities for multiple products and lines of business for the Credit Union. The incumbent will have overall responsibility for our Mortgage, Consumer, Indirect Lending, Small Business Risk Management areas and will develop/refine lending credit guidelines, loan fulfillment processes and risk management practices to deliver quality loan growth and a superior member experience. He or she will provide managerial leadership; coaching and performance management to a talented and seasoned Lending organization to ensure that department; division and BECU business goals are achieved.
As a senior leader within our organization, in addition to providing strategic leadership for BECU’s Lending business, the Vice President of Lending contributes to company strategy development, product development, pricing and marketing decisions. He or she will also actively participate in the Credit Union’s strategic planning and prioritization committees.
Qualified candidates will have 7-10 years of leading loan underwriting and fulfillment operations in a fast-paced, high growth retail financial institution. He or she will have led large teams and demonstrated leadership in developing people, strategic-thinking and operational excellence. We are looking for a dedicated professional who is innovative, energetic and embraces the credit union’s collaborative spirit and principle of “people helping people”.
BECU is Washington’s largest credit union and one of the top five financial cooperatives in the country with more than 740,000 members and more than $9.8 billion in assets. We are a member-owned, not-for-profit financial institution committed to providing affordable and responsible financial services to residents of Washington. Since 1935, we have operated with the promise of returning value to our members in the form of better rates and fewer fees—staying true to the credit union guiding principle of “people helping people.”
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure personnel/member related issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner.
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language at all levels in the organization including executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills including a demonstrated understanding of product profitability, pricing analysis, and loan loss reserve methodology.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making, and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Strong working knowledge of state and federal regulatory compliance laws.
- General knowledge of all loan products and services.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Vision (or corrected) to the normal range.
- Moderate travel to out-of area locations.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business or related field required.
- Minimum five to seven years’ management experience.
- Minimum ten years’ lending experience.
- Experience in short range (one year) and long range (three to five years) planning.
- Experience within retail financial institution branch channels, remote delivery channels or wholesale lending functions.
Interested applicants should reply to www.becu.org/careers.
BECU reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA
Posted in Article Post.