Mortgage Servicing Assistant Manager
January 9, 2012
Post Date: 5/25/11
Close Date: 6/22/2012
Reply to: email@example.com
Unitus Community Credit Union has a new opportunity for a Mortgage Servicing Assistant Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for loan servicing activities within first mortgage lending.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage a team of Member Service Representatives through direct supervision of efficiency and productivity of staff providing support and guidance.
- Coach Member Service Representatives and ensure all personnel issues and concerns are addressed and documented. Prepare performance evaluations for Member Service Representatives.
- Direct/coordinate routine to complex transactions to accurately input and maintain first mortgage loan data in core database.
- Ensure effective control of workflow to meet deadlines; set priorities, evaluate and organize workload for assigned area of responsibility to effectively manage department time and resources.
- Recognize appropriate documents to ensure completeness of file prior to input to the core system.
- Monitor and ensure timely and accurate completion of all servicing functions that include, but are not limited to, first mortgage loan set up and payment posting, accounting interface for all mortgage related G/L’s and cash books, escrow analysis, insurance tracking and maintenance, rate modifications, adjustable rate changes, remittance as required to Fannie Mae, tax maintenance and delinquency, 1098/1099 practices, reconveyance related duties, payoff requests and processing as well as efficient and correct telephone and email support for servicing related requests.
- Ensure that written procedures exist for all functions within the area of responsibility, including branch procedures relating to mortgage loans.
- Ensure compliance with the various federal and state regulations associated with the Credit Union’s servicing program.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of mortgage lending rates, policies and procedures, as well as credit scoring, credit bureaus, risk scores and monitoring systems.
- Ensure that good relationship/communication is achieved with both internal and external customers.
- Monitor and ensure accurate reporting.
- Assist staff when needed with overflow of work volumes.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years successful experience in mortgage lending operations preferably with first mortgage servicing experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure personnel and member-related issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner; ability to develop internal and external working relationships.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan products, underwriting and financial analysis techniques, automated lending delivery systems, investor/secondary market requirements and escrow/title practices.
- Experience with, and the demonstrated ability to thoroughly comprehend, first mortgage servicing requirements and loan documentation.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles in relation to first mortgage operations.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to correctly follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be self motivated and have the ability to coach and motivate associates.
- Thorough understanding and high-level knowledge of both federal and state regulations as well as compliance requirements associated with mortgage lending transactions in order to make professional and effective decisions that support the overall vision of the Credit Union.
Posted in Article Post.