January 9, 2012
Post Date: 2/14/11
Close Date: 3/14/12
Industrial Credit Union is seeking a service-oriented, creative and motivated team player to join our team as a Marketing Assistant. The position is responsible for marketing communication responsibilities (such as promotion collateral, website content and managing social media efforts). Individual will perform a range of administrative and marketing support duties related to the daily operations of the marketing department.
Researches, plans, and develops marketing programs and activities relating to the development and promotion of the Credit Union and its services to the membership. Uses various avenues to educate members and potential members on the benefits of Credit Union membership, as well as the products and services offered by ICU.
- Drafts and sends press releases. Identifies and develops press worthy opportunities.
- Participates in developing, coordinating and implementing promotional activities, special events, public relations activities and direct mail programs aimed at maximizing product sales and services to members.
- Writes, produces, edits and revises coordinated campaigns, website content, social media content, posters, specialty forms and press releases.
- Ensures brand consistency in graphical elements and utilizes color and typeface standards.
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining web content. Keeps appraised of web technologies for possible inclusion into the website which includes alternate web sites/news/online promotions.
- Develops and coordinates distribution of internal marketing communications (marketing memos, emails, reports, etc.).
- Obtains bids for all phases of the production of marketing materials. Places production printing orders and monitor the quality of the deliverables.
- Promotes Credit Union image and growth in the local community through participation in ICU approved organizations and programs.
- Assumes leadership role/coordinates internal and external Credit Union promotional programs/activities/events, which may require working after/non-business hours.
- Assists in coordinating Annual Membership Meeting.
- Manages content and creation of lobby merchandising screens.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise independent judgment and analysis.
Reports to: Marketing and Community Manager
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field. Previous financial services experience is desired. Sound understanding of marketing principles, techniques and various advertising/promotion media. High proficiency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat), Microsoft Office Suite, and other software with marketing applications.
Certificates and Licenses
Must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license and must be bondable.
No resumes will be considered unless they are accompanied by a completed application packet. Packets can be obtained at any ICU location or online at www.industrialcu.org. Industrial Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due date: January 15, 2012.
Posted in Article Post.