January 9, 2012
Post Date: 12/22/11
Close Date: 1/22/12
Position Overview: Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Lending Department, including compliance with relevant state and federal lending laws. Monitor and analyze economic conditions affecting the Lending Department and recommend appropriate action.
Duties & Responsibilities: Supervise activities of the Lending Department by assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and handling sensitive member relation problems
- Responsible for performance evaluations and scheduling of loan personnel
- Responsible for motivating staff in a positive manner
- Ensure loan personnel are properly trained in all phases of their particular jobs; and that all procedures and guidelines are followed
- Assist in developing loan and collection policies and procedures. Formulate and maintain a complete loan procedure manual for staff training and reference
- Maintain knowledge of competitor rates, terms and other trends relating to lending as well as bankruptcy laws and changes in legislature affecting lending or collecting practices
- Assist with developing, analyzing and completing loan reports
- Review loan approvals for soundness of decisions
- Audit loan files to ensure quality and compliance with lending policies
- Define limits of authority for loan personnel
- Responsible for all duties relating to collections
- Ensure Management is kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of the Credit Union and all important factors influencing them
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements: High school diploma (or equivalent). Previous lending and collection experience required. Previous experience managing or supervising staff preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to apply a creative approach to their job responsibilities
- A desire to volunteer and be involved in the local community
- Attendance and completion of Supervisor Training Program
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a full benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) plan, profit share program, paid time off and more.
Interested applicants should send a resume c/o Valley Credit Union, Linda Pastorino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in Article Post.