Director of Retail Operations
January 9, 2012
Post Date: 12/27/11
Close Date: 1/25/12
A Director of Retail Operations provides visionary strategic leadership to lead credit union performance toward meeting organizational goals. The Director coaches Branch Managers towards successful implementation of tactical retail development plans that grow each location, provides growth and development opportunities to Branch Management staff, is an active leader in all of the communities we serve, and develops and maintains an atmosphere of exceptional service and integrity sales. The Director is ultimately responsible for the success of the branch network.
Beginning Salary Range: $68K to $102K annually, commensurate with experience
- Retail Operations Leadership. Create and communicate vision, and provide effective leadership to the branch operations to achieve organization goals and expectations. Actively and consistently meet with Branch Managers, work collaboratively to build growth and development plans, and help Branch Managers excel within their business and the community. Provide positive coaching and direction to bring out the potential in each person reporting directly or indirectly to him or her, and promote a team-based, motivating work environment. Complete performance reviews, approve timesheets and scheduling of managers, approve incentive payments, and other managerial duties regarding his or her direct reports.
- Business Planning and Strategic Development. To have a high degree of knowledge and understanding of the Credit Union’s financial position, and lead in the development of strategic plans that help the Credit Union meet its financial goals. Understand key ratios, balance sheet analysis, cash-flow analysis, and the effect of key economic indicators. Carry out the annual operational budget by monitoring performance and making recommendations and/or course corrections throughout the year within branch operations capacity. Monitor cost control and significant purchases within Operations. Participate in the development of the long and short-term strategies and plans to support Credit Union growth objectives, profitability, financial performance objectives, stability and business continuity.
- Branch Marketing. To have a comprehensive understanding of the needs of the markets in the communities we serve, member segmentation, and our target markets. Help the Branch Managers develop innovative ideas to meet and exceed those needs. Maintain a consistency of service, staff competency, and daily operations between branches while using unique marketing and promotions to meet individual community needs. Work collaboratively with other Credit Union departments to develop products, services, and strategies to meet member needs.
- Business Development. Play an active role in the communities we serve. Develop strong business relationships with key community leaders, and be aware of opportunities for participation in the community that will increase awareness, visibility, and trust. Help Branch Managers to build their own relationships within the community and select events and opportunities for participation that will increase the Credit Union’s overall brand awareness and the branches’ share of target markets.
- Culture Building. Create a strong sense of OCCU culture in all branches, and unify all regions while celebrating individual branch differences. Ensure that all Branch Managers work together effectively and collaboratively, and create a strong sense of support and cohesion for all Branch employees. Help all of Retail Operations live the brand of “Nice…Remarkably Nice” in all aspects of their work.
- Staff Development. Create and deliver the standards and metrics necessary for the recruitment, hiring, training and development of the employees of the Retail Operations area. To achieve this, the Director is expected to partner with the Human Resources and Training Departments to coordinate a comprehensive program which aligns the entire organization in the retail sales culture.
- Assist Members. Provide responses and assistance to members when Branch Managers are unable to resolve concerns or other complex situations. Follow up by coaching Branch Managers in conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills to better enable them to resolve similar situations.
- Develop Strength of Branch Management Team. Provide guidance and coaching to managers to help them to be successful leaders in our organization. Work with Human Resources to ensure that managers have a thorough understanding of human resource laws and regulations, and staff their branches appropriately. Ensure managers provide coaching to employees that support positive behaviors, and effective counseling and/or problem-resolution to re-direct undesired behaviors. Hold managers accountable for providing training and development opportunities to employees that support the organization’s beliefs in career-pathing and employee satisfaction.
- Other. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the compliance of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form to executive staff, business units, and staff in a clear and concise manner that is the parlance of each group. Is able to present to small and large groups effectively.
- Represents the Credit Union professionally in our communities, among business associates, with current and potential members, and with community representatives.
- Understands financial market trends, innovations in retail banking strategies, and the demographic make-up of our current and potential membership.
- Builds and implements budget plans to meet organizational goals.
- Leads and motivates teams and to create success through teamwork.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Is entrepreneurial in thinking, planning, and implementation.
- Stays abreast of the current laws and regulations. Attends trainings/seminars as necessary. Remains up-to-date on overall compliance and regulatory demands that relate to retail operations and to human resource management. Maintains safe and secure work environments.
- Is highly organized and detail oriented. Organizes workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed as scheduled and in a timely manner.
- Is self-motivated and independent.
Experience: 5 or more years of operational management experience.
Education: Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business management or related field.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday thru Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
- Travel Requirement: Frequent travel, including minimal overnight travel is required. May include out-of-state travel on an infrequent basis. Current driver’s license, applicable driver’s insurance, and clean driving record is required.
Go to: https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/director-retail-operations to apply online.
Posted in Article Post.