Commercial Loan Processor
January 9, 2012
Post Date: 12/27/11
Close Date: 1/12/12
SUMMARY: This position reports directly to the Commercial Loan Director and is primarily responsible for the day to day processing of commercial loans. This position non-exempt position also serves as an assistant to the Commercial Loan Director and the Senior VP of Lending
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Process commercial loan applications by collecting and analyzing personal and business financials and/or related data in an effort to determine the general creditworthiness.
- Act as a contact in assisting and advising borrowers with business loan programs.
- Cross sell and recommend loan products and services best suited to fulfill the needs of the member.
- Be knowledgeable about and comply with all relevant credit union regulations, policies, guidelines, and procedures and with all relevant laws and regulations, including environmental.
- Compile, prepare, review, process and disburse commercial, consumer, visa, and real estate loan requests from borrowers.
- Prepare correspondence, periodic reports, financial statements, and loan analysis reports.
- Ensure timely and thorough monitoring of all credits through periodic reviews, continual analysis, and proper documentation. Conduct annual reviews and analysis of existing commercial loans.
- Remedy deficiencies when appropriate.
- Complete residential and commercial construction inspections.
- Thoroughly understand and order and analyze appraisals, title reports and title policies.
- Ensure accuracy and timely processing of commercial loans through accurate computer input (insurance and UCC-1) and filing legal documents; ensure maximum collateral protection to the credit union.
- Assist with the monitoring and resolving of delinquent or impaired business loans.
- Represent the credit union with a positive and professional image; attend and participate in civic and business related functions and otherwise promotes the credit union’s image.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work on several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to use sound and mature judgment
- Ability to be organized, efficient and accurate in work
- Ability to understand basic math skills; accuracy with financial calculations is essential
- Ability to meet sales and referral goals set by the credit union
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Treat members and employees with utmost courtesy, efficiency, integrity and professionalism
- Ability to operate basic office machines, including PC, 10-key adding machines (by touch), typewriter, fax and copier and learn to use various software
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in real estate loans, business loans, banking, finance, or similar field.
These conditions are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employment relationship may be terminated by the Credit Union or the employee at any time, without notice or cause. This agreement is called Employment at Will.
This job description may be revoked or revised at any time, at the employer’s sole discretion. A more comprehensive job description is available upon application for employment.
Applicants should apply by sending resume, cover letter and salary history to:
Wauna Federal Credit Union
100 Columbia Ave
Astoria, Or 97103