Sprint Program Pays Credit Unions to Help Their Members Save
In this economically challenging time, Sprintâ€™s Credit Union Member Discount Program provides a simple way for your credit union to improve its bottom line and enhance the value of membership.
November 8, 2011
In this economically challenging time, Sprint’s Credit Union Member Discount Program provides a simple way for your credit union to improve its bottom line and enhance the value of membership.
The program fits in with the philosophy of “people helping people” by saving credit union members 10 percent on their cell phone bill (the equivalent of one free month per year) while the credit union earns marketing incentives. The discount is available to both new and existing Sprint customers and often includes waived activation fees and waived upgrade fees as well. To date, more than 1.1 million members have collectively saved more than $93 million through this benefit.
Based on last year’s incentive pool, a 10,000-member credit union would have earned $4,133. The Sprint Credit Union Member Discount Program offers these marketing incentives to credit unions that perform four basic marketing requirements:
- Send out a quarterly insert once per year.
- Publish an article in the credit union newsletter twice a year (can be just a one- or two- sentence “blurb” directing them to the Sprint CU member site)
- Continuously display Sprint marketing materials in branches (either lobby posters with take-homes or placement in your continuous-feed plasma video).
- Add the approved web link to the credit union website.
The program is easy to implement and there is no cost for participation. All marketing material is provided free of charge.
How can your credit union participate? Here are the steps:
- Enroll in the program. You can enroll at an exclusive or non-exclusive tier. The exclusive tier qualifies you for the full amount of incentive money.
- Use the free marketing materials provided at www.lovemycreditunion.org to market the discounts to your members. Depending on your asset size and level of participation, the amount could be hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
- Receive your check from Sprint at the end of the contract year.
Yes, it’s that simple—and it works!
Visit www.SprintSave4CU.com or call 877.SAVE.4.CU to sign up or learn more about Sprint’s Credit Union Member Discount Program.
Questions? Contact Sales & Marketing Associate Craig Reed: 206.340.4789, email@example.com.