Make Social Media Your Friend During Convention
There are lots of ways to stay plugged in during Convention. Stay tuned to the NWCUA Facebook page and Twitter feed for real-time updates, and use your smartphone to help navigate all the weekâ€™s events by downloading the Convention App.
September 19, 2011
Short of being in several places at once, the best way for attendees of the 2011 NWCUA Convention and Annual Business Meeting to keep abreast of all the week’s happenings is by regularly checking in on the NWCUA’s Facebook page.
But the NWCUA’s page will be more than just a place to share photos and gather information. During Convention week, it will also be home to the Great Facebook Adventure!
Essentially, the Great Facebook Adventure is equal parts online competition, scavenger hunt and raffle. There are five ways to get involved:
- Like us on Facebook. Easy enough.
- Post a picture with one of the “I’m here to…” chat bubble signs located throughout the Hotel Murano. Post the picture to our wall with a description that best represents what you want to accomplish during Convention. The signs will be easy to spot—you’ll know them when you see them.
- Post the most valuable thing you learned at this year’s Convention. Or just post anything that you’ve learned. No lie detectors will be administered. Or will they?
- Post a picture of an exhibit in the trade show that caught your attention. With more than 100 to choose from, something’s bound to stand out.
- Post a picture of yourself with a group of your colleagues or an NWCUA staff member. Get back to basics—isn’t posting photos what Facebook is all about?
Simply complete one (or all) of these five simple tasks for an entry to win a free ticket to the 2012 NWCUA Convention.
Now, there are a few rules. Each task represents its own entry into the competition, so Convention attendees are limited to five entries apiece—but the more items you complete (up to five, of course), the better your chance of winning. Entries must be posted directly on the NWCUA Facebook wall to be counted. The winner will be chosen randomly and announced on Facebook after Convention, and the prize is non-transferable.
Feed Your Twitter Habit
With so many ways to stay busy during an eventful Convention week, there is no quicker, easier way to get up-to-the-minute information and updates than by keeping an eye on your Twitter feed. Follow @NWCUA for frequent news reports, updates and reminders.
Have something to share yourself? Remember to include #nwcon11 when tweeting about all things Convention-related.
The 2011 Convention Smartphone App allows attendees to select and schedule events, making it the best way to navigate all the goings-on during Convention. Available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry, the App gives users the ability to select speeches, breakout sessions and Idea Exchanges based on their professional disciplines. Quick access to meeting agendas allows for informed decision-making on the go, and a contact file offers an easy way to share information and network with colleagues who are also in attendance. The app also includes a floor map of the trade show, as well as detailed information about exhibitors. Simply download the free app and watch the Convention come to life!
Questions or Concerns? Contact Matt Halvorson, Anthem Editor: [email protected].