Oregon Credit Unions Schedule CU Day at the Capitol
February 1, 2011
February 3, 2011
Mark your calendar! It is time for Oregon credit unions to register for the 2011 Credit Union Day at the Capitol on Tuesday, March 29. As you plan to send a group from your credit union, remember that Credit Union Day at the Capitol is one of the most important events Oregon credit unions host. This is our opportunity to meet with Oregon legislators—new and tenured— to discuss issues important to all of us. And, it only comes once every two years,
There will be more than 200 credit union advocates in the Capitol from all over the state. So don’t delay. We’ve made it easy to register today.
Fill out the registration form for as many people as you’d like and either mail it, fax it or email it to Tom Travis at the address listed below. You will receive additional information, maps, and parking suggestions, in early March.
For more information, contact:
Tom Travis firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Credit Union Association
8205 SW Creekside Place, Suite 220
Beaverton, Oregon 97008
Credit Union Day at the Capitol begins with legislative training in the morning followed by remarks from legislative leadership. Meetings with House and Senate members are held int eh afternoon.
These appointments with legislators in the districts your credit unions represent and the district you live in will be set-up for you. Please make sure you state your home House and Senate members on your registration form!
During the day, credit union booths will also be in the Galleria for all Capitol visitors to stop at and learn more about the Oregon credit union movement. Credit Union Day at the Capitol concludes with a legislative reception at the Salem Convention Center—an important event that allows our credit union advocates the opportunity to meet legislators in a casual environment. During the last session, we had more than 25 legislators attend this reception.
The draft agenda includes:
- 8:45 a.m. Registration, Micah Building, 680 State Street near Capitol on corner of State and Cottage.
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome, Micah Building
- 9:10 a.m. Overview of the Day/Delegate Training, Micah Building
- 9:20 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Speakers- TBA
- 10:00 a.m. Legislative Training, Micah Building
- 11:00 a.m. House/Senate Floor Sessions
- 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. Meet with Legislators
- 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Reception at Salem Convention Center
- 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Credit Union Booths in Galleria
Posted in Advocacy News.